I've been to the Hart/Providence Cemetery and have pictures of Zack M. Guynes marker. Also visted the graves of his children in surrounding cemeteries. I have family sheets with his children and their children. I'm missing a few dates etc.
I would love to send you copies of what I have in the mail and let you see if anything is wrong and fill in a few blanks. If you don't mind doing this please send me your address.
Does the following compare to what you might have?
James Guynes -m- Martha Whittington
They had 7 sons:
1. Winston Guynes -m- Harriet
I last found them on the 1870 Jackson County, AR census. Do you know what happened to this family after 1870?
2. Barney C. Guynes -m- Catherine Lang.
Barney must have died shortly after the Civil War for Catherine was a widow on the 1870 census. By 1900, Catherine had moved to Texas and I think all her children had to. I don't have any dates or burial locations for any of this family, do you??
3.Norvell M. Guynes (1835-1923) -m- Matilda C. Yates (1836-1911) I have alot on this family.
4. Joshua P. Guynes (1837-1863) I have alot on this family.
5. Zachary M. Guynes (1839-1931)
6. James S. Guynes (1841- I think he might have been wounded in the Civil War and probably died soon after. Some records for a James Guynes state he was wounded in battle, and I think it fits to be this James?
7. Thomas A. Guynes (1844-1862)
killed in the Civil War.
I would appreciate any tips or information you might have on the families of Winston
and Barney Guynes. Thanks, Kevin W. Davis
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|