WOW....I'm excited to hear from someone. It has been a long time since there has been anything posted on this.
Here is my family line as I have found it. I am at a brick wall at John listed as white My family is GGGrandfather John Guynes and Amanda (Manda)Choctaw Guynes
They had two children that I know of Henry Guynes born 1864? and died Dec 6, 1902 in Okla Indian Territory. He had a brother William GuynesDOB 1863. We are Choctaw Henry and William were 1/4th Choctaw. My GGrandfather was Henry he married Sarah Odgen Guynes somewhere in Texas and they moved to Okla Indian Territory sometime in the mid 1880's. They have 7 children. I have all roll numbers of Final Dawes Rolls if needed of children and of Henry and Sarah.
If you have any info on this line I would love some info.
I know my connection to this side of the Guynes family is somewhere I just haven't found the connection. I do believe my ancestors are leading me back there as everytime I start researching I end back with this same family.
Here are some of the names I have in a book written by John Sands in 1981.
Sarah Goynes married James Hall on April 25, 1814 in St. Helena Parish, La. He was the son of Henry Hall and Mary Jane Ross. They had the following children:
1. Henry Hall born 1816 in La. married Martha Moore on June 7, 1842 in Copiah Co, Ms.He was living in Lawerence Co. Ms in 1840.
2. James Hall Jr. born 1817 in La married married Patience Price
3. Britton Hall born 1819 in la. married Sarah Price
4. Daniel Hall born 1821 in Lawrence Co. Ms married Elisabeth Baggett. He died Oct 13, 1909
5. Mary (Polly) Hall born 1828 in Lawernce Ms. married Jasper Andrew Price
6. Matilda Hall born 1830 in Lawrence Co. Ms
7. Sarah Hall Born 1834 in Lawrence Co. Ms
John Goyne the son of James Goyne was born July5, 1776 in South Carolina. On Dec 28, 1800 he married Matilda Hall in Georgia. She is the daughter of Henry Hall and Mary Jane Ross and the sister of James Hall who married Sarah Goyne. John Goyne died Aug15, 1840and his wife Matilda Hall died Jan26, 1865. She was born in North Carolina August 13, 1783. They both are burried near Georgetown, Copiah Co. Ms.
After they married in Georgia , John Goyne and his wife Matilda Hall settled for a few years in Tenn. They probably lived in the Eastern part of Tenn and their two oldest children were born in Tenn. They were born in 1801 and 1803. Soon after this time the family moved to St Helena Parish , La and lived there for a few years. He owned land in this Parish and was a farmer. John Goyne was a Capt in the La, Militia in the war of 1812. He was one of the first land owners in Copiah Co. Ms. where the family finally sett
led. He and his family were Baptist faith.
The surname Goynes changed to Guynes in 1833 for some reason unknown.
John Guynes and Matilda Halls Decendents:
1. Briant or Bryant Guynes born Nov23, 1801 Tenn died Sept 18,1850 at Georgetown. Copiah Miss. He married Amanda Thomas on Feb 27,1832 in Copiah Co. Ms. She was born 1816 in Tenn. The following children:
A. B.F. Guynes born 1837 married Martha who was born 1832. children:
1. Sarah E. Guynes born 1854
2. Leonidis Guynes born 1859
3. Jeff D. Guynes born 1852
4. Henry L. Guynes born 1857
B. Matilda Cornelia Guynes Born Sept2, 1842 died Jan 4, 1919. She married Albert Blanton McGowan
C. Mary Narcissa Guynes born March 7, 1850 died May1, 1937 in Jackson Ms. She married William Thomas McGowan.
The list goes on and on..it is about 29 pages of names.
I know there is a connection to me somewhere in this paper work but as yet haven't found it. There are so many John's and Henry's in this family ..
My family is in the Choctaw Indian Dawes Final Rolls.
Have a blessed day.
Regards. Linda Kirby Branum
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|