Looking for Maria-Concetta (GIARDINA), b. 12/8/1877 in Termini Imerese, Palermo Sicily;d. 11/10/1961 in Indianapolis, Marion Co., IN. She had a brother in Termini named Salvatore GIARDINA who wrote to her in 1955 (I have two letters) mentioning her niece Rossina Di MARTINO, and a cousin, Carmello BORRELLO (different spelling than my family's BURRELLO). I have many photos of this family--some identified, some not. I know that Carmello BORRELLO had a daughter named LENA BORRELLO --have photo.
Maria-Concetta is buried under the name Mary C. Burrello in Indianapolis, IN next to her husband Salvatore P. BURRELLO. He was known to family as "Frank". I know I believe "Frank's" original family surname was DOMINICI, and his first name was REALLY Francesco or Franko.
Their children are as follows:
l. Mary-Stella, b. 1902, Sicily, d. 1984 Indianapolis, IN, m. Charles De GARO
2. Madgalina-Augustina, b. 1906 in NY, d. in Indiana from Childbirth complications: Infant daughter survived and was named for her mother and was called "Gussie" Her father's name was Frank GRIFFO--Have photos.
3. Antonio "Tony", b. 1908, in Mt. Paul, NY, d. IN,
4. Joseph, b. 1910, in Detroit, MI, d. 1963 in IN.
5. Carlo, b. 1912 in MI, d.in MI.
6. James Vincent, b. 1914 in MI, m. Mary-Catherine LOMBARDO, d. IN.
7. Salvatore "Sammy", b. in MI, d. IN.
8. Joann Frances "Josie", b. 1921, in MI, d. ca. 1998, IN, m. Eugene Townsend in IN.
All above chilldren born with surname DOMINICI. Their father changed the family name to BURRELLO. All children have (D)BURRELLO on their birth certificates.
NOTE: I'm told the BURRELLO name was that of a cousin: Carmello BORRELLO, but can't put him in the "right place" in the family line.
Family lived in Chicago, IL (where name change occured) then settled on the South side of Indianapolis, IN and attended HOLY ROSERY CATHOLIC CHURCH.
All the children worked in the food industry (Butcher, Stand Operator, at the Inanapolis Food Market, Truck Driver, etc.)
Friends of the family included PUPORA and SICILIANO families.
I have MANY photos and more information on this family and their name change. I would jump for joy at finding a connection to another researcher or family member!
I've Posted messages EVERYWHERE and haven't had so much as a nibble; I'm SO VERY GLAD TO HAVE THIS GIARDINA FORUM!!!
So, If you recognize any little thing...PLEASE E-ME at:
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|