This may or may not be the John Gately you are looking for. Happy Hunting.
Descendants of William Gately
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 GATELY died 1799 in Will of William Gateley.
Children of WILLIAM GATELY are:
2. i. JOHN2 GATELY, b. Abt. 1768, Gatley or Gateley; killed by his father-in-law William Mercer; d. Aft. 1806, Tennessee.
ii. JOSEPH GATELY.
iii. ANN GATELY GATLEY.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 GATELY (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1768 in Gatley or Gateley; killed by his father-in-law William Mercer, and died Aft. 1806 in Tennessee. He married JEMIMA (MIME MESSER) MERCER January 30, 1787 in Caswell Co, NC, daughter of WILLIAM MERCER. She was born in moved to Caldwell Co. Ky bef 1810, Mercer.
Children of JOHN GATELY and JEMIMA MERCER are:
3. i. JOHN3 GATELY, b. Abt. 1788; d. Greene County, Missouri.
ii. SUSAN GATELY, b. September 11, 1791, Caswell Co. NC; d. April 14, 1881, Franklin Township, Greene Co., Missouri; m. WILLIAM JENKINS, October 25, 1810, Caldwell Co. KY.
4. iii. NANCY GATELY, b. Abt. 1793, Caswell Co., NC; d. April 11, 1863, Springfield, Greene Co. Missouri.
5. iv. SALLY SARAH GATELY, b. Abt. 1794, NC.
v. JAMES MERCER GATELY, b. Abt. 1798, NC; m. POLLY ANN BROOKS, January 11, 1818, Caldwell Co. KY.
6. vi. JEMIMA GATELY, b. Abt. 1801, North Carolina; d. Webster County, Missouri.
7. vii. LUCRETIA GATELY, b. Abt. 1803, NC; d. 1888.
viii. POLLY GATELY, b. Abt. 1804; d. Greene County, Missouri; m. WILLIAM ATCHISON; d. Greene County, Missouri.
ix. PHOEBA GATELY, b. January 30, 1806, Madison Co. TN; d. October 19, 1850, Yell Co., AR; m. JESSE GARRETT GRACE, September 02, 1830, Madison Co. TN.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 GATELY (JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1788, and died in Greene County, Missouri. He married REBECCA WATTS. She died in Greene County, Missouri.
Child of JOHN GATELY and REBECCA WATTS is:
i. JAMES MERCER4 GATELY.
4. NANCY3 GATELY (JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1793 in Caswell Co., NC, and died April 11, 1863 in Springfield, Greene Co. Missouri. She married THOMAS JAMES JR. September 15, 1813 in Caldwell Co. Ky.
Child of NANCY GATELY and THOMAS JR. is:
i. MINERVA4 JAMES.
5. SALLY SARAH3 GATELY (JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1794 in NC. She married AARON SMITH July 07, 1812 in Caldwell, Ky.
Children of SALLY GATELY and AARON SMITH are:
i. CHARLOTTE MERCER4 SMITH, b. April 23, 1813; d. September 23, 1889, Greenville, Illinois; m. JOHN WESLEY NEWCOMB.
ii. MARY LANGSTON SMITH, b. October 06, 1815, Caldwell Co. KY; d. March 03, 1856, Bond Co., Ill; m. PETER LONG, November 28, 1839.
6. JEMIMA3 GATELY (JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1801 in North Carolina, and died in Webster County, Missouri. She married SAMUEL BRADSHAW July 20, 1819 in Caldwell Co. KY. He was born 1790 in South Carolina, and died February 19, 1859 in Webster County, Missouri.
Notes for JEMIMA GATELY:
Jemima (Gately) Bradshaw, moved with family to Greene County Later Webster Co.
in 1855, Missouri. The 1850 census report.
4 daughters: age
Susan 12 Mairred John C. Johnson
Delila 7 Married James P Johnson brother to John C. Johnson
The oldest son
It is not known when Jemima Bradshaw died but it was probably in Webster Co. Missouri.
Notes for SAMUEL BRADSHAW:
Samuel Bradshaw first wife, name unknown, were living in Franklin Co. Tn
with 9 children in 1820, 4 boys and 5 girls, 5 under the age of 10 and 4 were between 10 and 16 years old. Both father and mother were shown to be
26 to 45 years of age. Still in Franklin Co in 1830. 7 children still at home, in the 1840 census the family lived in Gasconade Co., Missouri. After the gap in births of at least ten years 6 children were added under the age of 10 years 2 boys and 4 girls. Jemima was probably the mother of these children; she
and Samuel must have married late in 1830, after the census was taken.
Samuel Bradshaw was a farmer throughout his life. The family had moved to Greene County (Webster in 1855) Missouri. Thomas J. Bradshaw had been appionted as executor of Samuel's estate.
Children of JEMIMA GATELY and SAMUEL BRADSHAW are:
i. JESSE4 BRADSHAW, b. 1830, TN; m. LUCINDA K..
ii. NANCY BRADSHAW, b. 1832.
iii. THOMAS J. BRADSHAW, b. 1835, TN.
8. iv. SUSAN L BRADSHAW, b. April 08, 1838, Gasconade County Missouri; d. May 06, 1891, Buried at Mineral Cemetary,West of Gillham, Ark..
v. SARAH BRADSHAW, b. 1840.
vi. DELILA MARGANA BRADSHAW, b. 1843; m. JAMES P JOHNSON.
7. LUCRETIA3 GATELY (JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1803 in NC, and died 1888. She married WILLIAM TEDFORD May 1820 in Madison Co. TN, son of JAMES THETFORD.
Children of LUCRETIA GATELY and WILLIAM TEDFORD are:
i. JOHN4 THETFORD, b. 1825.
ii. HENRY THETFORD, b. 1828.
iii. ANDERSON THETFORD, b. 1832.
Generation No. 4
8. SUSAN L4 BRADSHAW (JEMIMA3 GATELY, JOHN2, WILLIAM1) was born April 08, 1838 in Gasconade County Missouri, and died May 06, 1891 in Buried at Mineral Cemetary,West of Gillham, Ark.. She married JOHN C. JOHNSON 1860 in Webster County, Missouri, son of JOHN JOHNSON and SARAH KITTRELL. He was born July 13, 1842 in Knox County, Tennessee, and died July 17, 1915 in Broken Bow, Oklahoma, Buried at Mineral Cemetary near Gillham Ark.
Notes for SUSAN L BRADSHAW:
Susan Bradshaw moved with her family from Gasconade County to Webster County between 1840 and 1850 census.
Notes for JOHN C. JOHNSON:
John C. Johnson and his brother James P Johnson came from Tennessee to Webster County, Missouri, while young men (early 1860's)
John C. and James P.;married sisters, Susan and Delila Bradshaw.
John C. and his brother James P. were farmers.
The oldest 3 of John and Susan's children were born in Webster County,
Sarah, William, Alice. The family moved to Polk County, near Gillham, Ark.
about 1869. The youngest four were born there: John, Lela, Joe and Birdie.
Children of SUSAN BRADSHAW and JOHN JOHNSON are:
i. LELA ESTELLE5 JOHNSON, b. September 01, 1873, Silver Spring (Gillham) Ark.; d. September 06, 1969, Eagletown, Oklahoma, Bur. Gillham AR; m. ROBERT HUDSON LUTTRELL, March 26, 1896, Silver Hill, Arkansas; b. January 01, 1868, Missouri, moved to AR. with father Robert and brother William; d. January 22, 1910, Eagletown, Okla Bur. Gillham, AR.
More About ROBERT HUDSON LUTTRELL:
Fact 1: January 18, 1910, Shot in the head by Thad Brown, on the porch of the Luttrell & Dorsey Mechantile
Fact 2: February 07, 1997, Hut's g-g grandchild, Dr. Jone Kendrick was shot in the head
ii. BIRDIE EVELYN JOHNSON, b. September 22, 1880, Polk County Ark near Silver Hill (Gillham); d. May 02, 1933, Broken Bow, Oklahoma Mineral Cemetary, ARK; m. WILLIAM RODOLPHUS LUTTRELL, April 17, 1898, Gillham, ARK; b. February 18, 1876, Salem, Dent County, Missouri; d. January 12, 1953, Hospital in Texarkana, Mineral Cemetary, ARK.
Notes for BIRDIE EVELYN JOHNSON:
Birdie Evelyn Johnson Luttrell died on May 2, 1933 in Broken Bow, Okla.
William Rodolphus Luttrell died on January 12, 1953, in the hospital in Texarkana But Was living in Broken Bow athe the time. Both are buried in the
Mineral Cemetary near Gillham, Arkansas.
Notes for WILLIAM RODOLPHUS LUTTRELL:
William and Wife Birdie lived in Gillham in 1898, Moved to Idabel, Ok, McCurtain Co., then to Broken Bow in 1915 to Eagletown, Ok 1916, back
to Broken Bow, OK in 1928.
William R. Luttrell at various times cut lumber, farmed, and ran a livery stable. He was a night marshall for a short time in Broken Bow in the 1920's. He ran a road maintainer for the Oklahoma Highway Department for 18 years prior to his retirement.
iii. JOHN W JOHNSON, b. 1870, Polk County Ark near Gillham, was a preacher; m. HUFFMAN.
iv. WILLIAM S (BUD)JOHNSON, b. July 1865, Webster County, Missouri; d. November 17, 1934; m. (1) LIZZIE ELIZABETH WARD, Gillham, Ark (Polk County) near Gillham; b. July 19, 1867; d. December 18, 1908; m. (4) JENNIE.
Notes for WILLIAM S (BUD)JOHNSON:
William S Johnson became the Postmaster of Gillham, Ark. He was a Preacher.
v. JOE C. JOHNSON, b. 1875, Polk County Ark near Gillham Methodist Minister.
vi. SARAH JOHNSON, b. 1864, Webster County, Missouri.
vii. ALICE S. JOHNSON, b. 1868, Webster County, Missouri; married a Doctor.
viii. BESSIE JOHNSON.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|