John, thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I know what all the records say.
But, son of Bud said different. A.W. Bud was born per his son on February 17, 1851 Panola Co. Tx, and died April 1925 in Navarro Co., 5 miles from Bloominggrove. No marker.
Also, James Henry and Nancy had their last child, Mary Charlotte Gary on Jul 11, 1850. She married William David Carrico. It might be possible for Nancy to be Bud's mother, but doubt he would have lived back then as he would have been born early.
The family said Harvey was 14 when Bud was born. I'm trying to find resources to prove Harvey's birth. Tombstone shows Oct. 13, 1838/d Oct. 26, 1897, Panola Co., which would be the 12 you mention. 1850 census shows age 11; but 1870 census shows 33. So, who knows? Uncle David, who said Harvey was his grandfather and remembered well when his dad died, was of poor eyesight when he went to the cemetery to see Harvey N's grave. He could not be sure if it was 1838 (as all indicates) or l836, which would make the 14.
Records also show a child, probably a daughter, born to James Henry and Nancy ca 1835 who must have died if existed.
I have been unable to find Leroy, but have found a Leroy in Confederate War - have written for his military record as could not find any pension application (which would have given more data).
And, I KNOW THERE WERE TEN (10) CHILDREN in the last marriage to Delia J. Camp, as one of them was my father-in law:
1. Bill Wayne Gary ca 1903, married Betty Brown
2. Martha Geneva Gary, b Jul 14, 1905, d Oct. 27, 1989. Bur Brookland Cem in Haslam, Tx, Md. Eld. E. J. Mooman.
3. Lizzie (probably Elizabeth - I think I have a family Bible traced down, but haven't
seen it yet) married a Carroll, then Buck Bivens. Buried Gary Cem east of Jefferson, Tx.
4.Andrew Washington Gary, Jr. (my father-in-law) b Aug 24, 1909, Panola Co., d Nov. 28, 1958, Franklin, St Mary, LA. Buried Davis Cem. Henderson Co., Tx. Married Marie Nugent.
5. Alvin David Gary, b Jul 28, 1912 4 miles from Carthage in Panola Co., Tx (He told me Harvey N his grandfather); d April 22, 1999, buried Peatown Cem Gregg/Rusk Co., Tx. Married Wilma Helen Adams on April 5, 1934.
6. Emory R. Gary, b Feb 12, 1914, Panola Co., Tx/d Jan 1, 1998, Gregg Co., Tx; bur Lakeview Memorial Gardens near White Oak, Tx.
Married Mary Jane Davis.
7. Lula Mae Gary, born ca 1916. died age approx 15/16.
8. A. D. (initials only) Gary, born 16 Jul 1918 (TAKEN FROM HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE) Panola Co. d 13 Jun 1990 Monroe, La, buried Legion Memorial Cem just north of Newellton, La. He received Silver Star, Purple Heart, American Theater Service Medal and Asiataic Pacific Service Ribbon in WWII.
Honorable medical discharge; married Sarah Burton at age 15, one dau; married Trieonne Vale Childress - 3 or 4 children, then 2 sons in Lafayette, La, mother's name not known.
9. Mabel L. Gary, b 19 Apr 1921, d 22 Dec 2000, buried Duncan Cem., Dreka Com, Shelby Co., Tx. Married Albert Wesley Metcalf.
10. Paul Lee Gary b 19 Aug 1924, Navarro Co., Tx, and was not quite a year old when his father died at age 75. Paul is still living.Married Lucille Ann Hoffman.
Per Census: children of James Harvey and Nancy were;
(I started with #2 in case infant existed)
2. Leroy, b AL ca 1837
3. Harvey N, b AL
4 Sarah Ann Gary, b ca 1842-MS, married first a Rogers (4 Rogers children were residing with James Henry in 1870) and second Wm. Torplin Wells. She drew confederate pension on Wells, have requested data.
5. Harriett b ca 1846 LA (may have married Albert W. Dillard?)
6. Martha b. ca 1847, Texas married James M. Wornell.
Then (not on Census)
7. Mary Charlotte Gary b Jul 11, 1850, Panola Co., d Jun 5 1926, San Augustine Co
buried Wood Cem.
Yes proven assistence would be most, most appreciated.
I have not been able to locate the "GARY, Garry,Geary, Etc.," book. I wish they would print again so I could buy one. I have a very high regard for Mr. Larry Edward Lane's research.
John, again, my most sincere thanks for your reply. Will you please stay in touch.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|