Per info I have obtained, Benjamin Gaither and wife Sarah Burgess had sons :
John GAITHER b. abt. 1713 MD who md. AGNES ROGERS and had sons John Rogers and Zachariah Gaither.
EDWARD GAITHER b. Dec. 20, 1714 A. A. Co. MD. who md. Eleanor Davis and had sons GREENBURY GAITHER b. 1751; BASIL GAITHER b. 1751 and ELI GAITHER among other children.
Our line of ROGERS lived in Anson and Montgomery Co. NC from 1774-1823 and we too have the same similar naming patterns of the GAITHERS, BURGESS lines and etc. We have had no luck finding the surnames of our Rogers wives' and wonder if they might not connect somehow with the lines of GAITHERS, BURGESS, and CHESHIRES/CHESHERS of MD to NC. ZACHARIAH ROGERS of ROWAN CO. NC had married SARAH CHESHER in 1820 Rowan Co. NC. Zachariah Rogers and WILLIAM L. ROGERS are brothers and were both sons of JAMES ROGERS, Jr. b. abt. 1746 Anson Co. NC. My line is WILLIAM L. ROGERS, and his son BASIL ROGERS b. 1794 NC who had lived in Montgomery Co. NC up by the county line of ROWAN CO. NC during the time that BASIL GAITHER and his family lived in ROWAN CO. NC.
WILLIAM L. ROGERS b. 1770 Montgomery Co. NC md. Nancy UNKNOWN ( some have listed her as a CHEATHAM but this is unverified ). They had 11 children and among them is their second son, BASIL ROGERS b. 1794 who married REBECCA UNKNOWN. As we have the given names of BASIL, GREEN BERRY, ELI, ZACHARIAH and other common first names of the GAITHERS and BURGESS lines, we are wondering if anyone has info on ROGERS surname having married into the GAITHER lines in Rowan Co. NC or back in MARYLAND ? BASIL ROGERS b. 1794 is listed below for further info on this line of our Rogers contact me. Thanks, ANY HELP APPRECIATED. I might also add that our ROGERS were connected we believe to other surnames in Montgomery Co. NC such as HEARNES, MARKLANDS, CHESHIRES, GREENS, BILES, ROWLANDS, EDWARDS, FIELDS, and others of Anson and Montgomery Co. NC who also may have had ROWAN CO. NC connections as well.
Tina Rogers Beller firstname.lastname@example.org :
Generation No. 1
1. BASIL4 ROGERS (WILLIAM L.3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born April 01, 1794 in Montgomery County, North Carolina, and died July 09, 1856 in Carroll County, Tennessee. He married REBECCA UNKNOWN Bet. 1817 - 1818 in North Carolina. She was born 1790 in North Carolina, and died August 26, 1856 in Carroll County, Tennessee.
Notes for BASIL ROGERS:
1850 CARROLL COUNTY TENNESSEE CENSUS - 17th District. ( by Hurt ) Image 295 & 296/311 Ancestry.com :
Household : #1996 Bassel Rogers, 56, NC
Rebecca 60, NC
Nancy M. 23, TN
Basil J. 21, TN
James F. 19, TN
Purity D. 16 TN
Catharine Swayne 13 TN
NC NC Cr. 1996-298
Per "An Inventory of Antebellum Tombstone Inscriptions" Carroll Co. TN compiled by Jonathan Kennon Thompson Smith:
Old Pisgah Cemetery
BASIL ROGERS died July 9, 1856 aged 62 yrs 3 mo 8 das; *
* This corresponds to the birth date of April 01, 1794
Children of BASIL ROGERS and REBECCA UNKNOWN are:
2. i. JULIA ANN5 ROGERS, b. Bet. 1818 - 1822, Montgomery Co. NC.
3. ii. WILLIAM A. ROGERS, b. January 17, 1820, Montgomery County, North Carolina; d. 1853, Carroll County, Tennessee.
4. iii. ELI W. ROGERS, b. 1821, North Carolina.
5. iv. GREEN D. BERRY ROGERS, b. February 25, 1825, Carroll Co. TN; d. August 22, 1879, Boone Co. AR.
v. NANCY MARTIN ROGERS, b. 1827; m. SMITH FIELDS, August 20, 1856, Carroll County, Tennessee.
6. vi. BASIL JASPER ROGERS, b. February 22, 1830, Carroll County Tennessee.
7. vii. JAMES FRANKLIN ROGERS, b. October 22, 1831, Carroll Co. TN.; d. February 17, 1906.
8. viii. PURITY DRUCILLA ROGERS, b. Bet. 1832 - 1834, Carroll Co. TN.; d. February 07, 1897, Dry Creek, Boone County, Arkansas.
9. ix. MINTER LEE ROGERS, b. Unknown.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|