Jacob Gabbert was born about 1783 in Lexington, VA, a
son of George and Anne (Reed) Gabbert. On 24Feb1812,
in Lincoln County, KY, he married Martha Young. She
was born about 1789 in Kentucky, a daughter of John
and Mary Young.
Jacob and Martha also migrated to Bartholomew County,
Indiana where Jacob bought and sold several pieces of
property. They are found in the 1840, 1850 and 1860
Bartholomew Co., IN census in Flatrock TWP.
Jacob died [intestate] 28Jul1862 & Martha died 21May1870.
The children of Jacob and Martha:
1. Mary Ann Gabbert b.c1813; d.1814
2. Nancy Jane Gabbert b.c1815; m. Silas Hill
3. Sarah Gabbert b.c1817; d.06Dec1879;
- m. 04Jan1834 William Fortner
4. Martha Gabbert b.c1819; d.13Apr1881;
- m. 15May1837 Solomon Lambert
5. Amanda Gabbert b.c1820; d.17May1843;
- m. 15Jan1839 Peter Lambert
6. John Gabbert b.c1821; d.19Jan1849 Andrew Co MO;
- m. 01Feb1844 Laditha Cox
7. Leander Gabbert b.c1823; d.06Jan1872;
- m. 15Dec1844 Martha Whitehouse
8. George W. Gabbert b.1826;
- m. 10Apr1847 Mary Whitehouse
Jacob, Martha, Amanda, Sarah, Martha, John & Leander
are all buried at the Liberty Cemetery in Bartholomew
I have some information from Jacob's probate and more
information on several of the children.
I am a descendant of George and Anne through their
son James. How are you connected with this line?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|