My ggrandfather Jefferson Davis (JD) was born June 28, 1895 in Pelham, Mitchell, GA. He married Minnie Lee Pitts around 1915 and they raised several children:
1) Marvin Andrew born 12-14-1917 in Moultrie, Colquitt county, married Lillian Gladys McCarty (b 10-26-1921 in Goodwater, Coosa, AL). These were my grandparents.
2) Melvin Lewis, b 1-7-1920
3) Homer, b 1921, d. March 1983
4) Kenneth married Sarah ??
6) Christine married Bob Griffin
7) Paul, b. 11-28-1933 married 1)??? 2) Lola ???
8) Pauline (Paul's twin) died 4-28-1935
Many are buried in Cool Springs Cemetery, Colquitt County: JD, Minnnie Lee (other Pitts too), Melvin, Pauline.
Looking for ancestors and siblings of JD and Minnie Lee. 1920 Worth County census shows JD and family on a farm in the Minton District with wife, son Marvin, Minnie Lee Brazel (JDs sister?), Ethel B. Pitts (JD's sister? maybe married Mack Pitts?), MaeBelle Pitts (JD's niece?) and Henrietta, JD's mother (b about 1867).
Any info chips away at this BRICK WALL!
I do not have access to the 1890 Mitchell county census.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|