States: Georgia: Walton
Fifth District Agricultural & Mechanical School was chartered in 1906. It opened January 1908 in the Walker Park Community off Hwy 11, 3 miles N.of Monroe. The 1st Principal was George Claude Adams. It was a Boarding High School for boys and Girls. in 1920 it had 92 boys and 75 girls. The Dormatory still stands and was used as Walton Conty Hospital and later a nursing home operated by its present owner the Kenneth Murray Family. On August 28, 1929 the name was changed to Georgia Vocational & Trades School. It was dropped from the State System in 1932. In 1934 Red Barron was named as principal. The school was abolished on August 25, 1941.
Notify Administrator about this message?