I'm trying to find the family of John T. GREESON. He married Nancy C. GUEST. They are buried at Omer Christian Church Cem. in Barrow Co. GA., Row 8. The marker reads: "John T. GREESON" (29 Aug 1829-15 Aug 1913) and "Nancy GREESON" (15 Mar 1847-15 Mar 1919, "Wife of John T. GREESON"). NANCY GUEST GREESON was the daughter of Thomas K. GUEST and Alice Manirva OSBORN. She was born in SC and she and her family moved to GA. I have seen the marriage date of 13 May 1860 in Hart Co. GA for John and Nancy GREESON. I don't know if that is correct for my John and Nancy.
Children from this union:
1. Charles Luther Greeson, b: Jun 1874 in Walton Co; d: 07 Jul 1940 in Barrow Co GA; buried at Bethlehem United Methodist Church Cem. in Barrow Co. GA. He married Minnie Drucilla CHANDLER, b: 20 Apr 1874 in Walton Co. GA; d: 15 apr 1930 in Barrow Co. GA. She is also buried at Bethlehem United Methodist Church Cem. (They are my g.grandparents.) Charles and Minnie GREESON were the parents of my grandmother, Lenora Belle GREESON,b: 12 Sep 1899 in Walton Co. GA; d: 03 Aug 1976 in Barrow Co. GA. She married on 16 Oct 1916, James Columbus HAMMOND in Barrow Co. GA.
2. Mary A. Greeson, b: 1862; married William James McDANIEL Abt. 1880.
3. James Lee Greeson, b: 1866; d: 1959; buried at Carter Hill Christian Church Cem., Barrow Co. GA)
4. Martha S. E. Greeson, b: Abt. 1868
5. John W. Greeson, b: Abt. 1869
6. Emaly "Emma" E. Greeson, b: Abt. 1870
7. Frona "Flonnie" Greeson, b: Abt. 1872
8. George H. Greeson, b: Abt. 1876
9. Franklin H. "Frank" Greeson, b: 1877/1880 (possibly d: 01 Apr 1909; buried at Omer Christian Church Cem., Barrow Co. GA).
10. Henry J. Greeson, b: 1878/1882 (possibly d: 14 Feb 1892; buried at Omer Christian Church Cem., Barrow Co. GA)
One of the daughters went by the nickname, "Ola"; another went by the name, "Sally"; and still another went by the name of "Julia". I don't know which daughter from the above Census list went by which of these names.
On the 1910 Walton Co. GA Census, Cut-Off District:
Family # 161; House # 182, GREESON, John T. is head of household, Male, White, age 73; Place of Birth is listed as AL; father's place of birth is listed as GA; mother's place of birth is listed as GA.
GREESON, Nancy C., Wife, Female, White, age 65, BP GA (although I've seen in other data that she was listed as born in SC); father's BP GA (I've seen SC for this, also); mother's BP GA (likewise, SC).
Living with them is DAVIS, William H.; Grandson, Male, White, age 17; BP GA, father's BP GA; mother's BP GA.
I have no idea who William H. DAVIS is, or the names of his parents. All I know about him is that he must be a grandson of John T. and Nancy GREESON.
I would appreciate any information on the parents and siblings of John T. GREESON, and would like to work with anyone working on this GREESON line.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|