I'm searching for information regarding Casper Hunter and Matilda Price. Casper is a brother of my 3G-grandmother, Mary Ann Hunter Reid.
What I know about Casper and Matilda so far:
1. Casper was born about 1805 apparently in TN, a son of James Hunter and Rachel Weber. He was one of 15 known children of that marriage.
2. Matilda was born about 1813 in VA. Her parents have not yet been identified.
3. Casper and Matilda married on 15 Jul 1832 in Knox Co TN. Casper had earlier married a Judy Price on 21 Dec 1829 in Knox Co TN--it is thought that Judy was a sister of Matilda's and died soon after their marriage. No children of the marriage of Casper and Judy have been identified.
4. It is believed that Casper and Matilda moved from Knox Co TN to Walker Co GA sometime between 1834 and 1838. They appear in the 1840 US census in Walker Co GA, with their five children. By the 1850 census they have moved to De Kalb Co AL, where they appear in that census in District 24, dwelling #28. There is also a record of a land patent issued by the US government on 1 Jun 1850 for Casper's purchase of a 40.22 acre tract of land in De Kalb Co.
5. Matilda does not appear in the Hunter household census record of 1860 and thereafter, so presumably she died sometime before the 23 Aug 1860 census date. Casper appears as the head of the household in the 1860, 1870 and 1880 US censuses in De Kalb Co.
6. Casper and Matilda had the following children (dates and location of birth derived from the 1850 census record):
a. Judah (female), b. ca. 1832 TN
b. Nancy E., b. ca 1834 TN
c. Rachel C., b. ca 1834 TN
d. James P., b. ca 1838 GA
e. Richard F., b. ca 1840 GA
f. Casper H., b. ca 1842 GA
g. Elizabeth, b. ca 1844 GA
h. Matilda, b ca 1847 AL
7. The death dates and locations and burial sites for Casper and Matilda have not yet been found.
Any information or leads about this Hunter family would be appreciated.
Regards, John Reid
P.O. Box 7164
Libertyville IL 60048
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|