A descendant of Milton Brown has been tested for y-DNA. His test kit, 145049, has results posted at
under group 18, for ancestor Humphrey Posey Brown. HP Brown was a child of Milton Brown and Kissiah Hooper.
There are many male descendants of Kissiah's sister, Mary Hooper, and her husband Henry Brown. These descendants seem quite likely to share a common male Brown ancestor with Milton Brown's family. I would strongly suggest y-DNA testing for such male descendants of Henry Brown, who is buried at Ivy Mount Cemetery in Towns County. His sons include
1) Leland Robert Brown, 1826 Jackson Co., NC - alive 1870 in Fannin Co., GA, who had sons
a) Francis M. Brown, b. about 1862
b) Robert Brown, b. about 1869
c) Avery A Brown, b. 10 Oct 1878, d. 8 Aug 1942
2) George W. Brown, b. 9 May 1829, d. 21 Nov 1889 whose sons include John Henry. Brown b. about 1863, d. 19 Dec 1934 and Lonnie Cicero Brown b. about 1867, d. July 22 1928.
3) Henry Brown, b. abt 1831
4) William Brown, b. 1833, has sons
a) William H. Brown b. abt 1868
b) Samuel A. Brownb. abt 1870
c) Truman Brown b. abt 1875
d) Lafayette Brown b. abt 1878
5) Absalom Marion Brown, b. 17 Mar 1835, d. 4 June 1916, had sons
a) Joseph P. Brown b. ca 1865, and
b) Jesse O. Brown, b. abt 1875.
6) David Lafayette "Lafay" of "Lafate" Brown b. 3 APr 1837, d. 14 Nov 1867, had son
a) Andrew B. Brown, b. abt 1872 - d. 10 Oct 1945 Macon Co. NC
If you are a Brown male who descends from one of these Brown men from Towns County, you could add a lot to the understanding of this family by having a y-DNA test done, to see whether you match the lineage of Milton Brown and his wife Kizzy Hooper.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|