Looking for any info on my ansestors tree below, What they did for a living, archives, recoerds, etc.
Thanks in advance for you help,
Descendants of James Scott
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES2 SCOTT (JOHN1) was born 1757 in Henry County, Virginia, and died 1851 in Screven County, Georgia Powell family cemetery, Sylvania. He married (1) TEMPERANCE RAWLS. He married (2) CLARISSA RIEVES. He married (3) SARAH BRUNSON 1791. She died 1813.
Notes for JAMES SCOTT:
Facts of interest:
1. James Scott served in the American Revolutionary War from 1777-1779. He was a private in the 1st
Virginia Regiment under Capt. Claiborne W. Lawson's Company, commanded by Lt. Col. Burges Ball.
2. James Scott was a member of the first Masonic Lodge organized in Screven County in 1823, known
as the Farmers Lodge #33, Jacksonboro, Ga.
3. James Scott's grave is marked with the U.S. Gov't. Revolutionary Soldier's marker. The grave is
located in a field behind the home of Ralph and Reba Powell, Rt. 3, Sylvania, Ga. in Screven Co.
More About James Scott:
Burial: Unknown, Scott-Powell Cemetery-Screven County, Ga.- Marker moved to Buck Creek Cemetery July 22, 2000 to the Jacob W. and Elizabeth B. Scott plot..
Children of JAMES SCOTT and TEMPERANCE RAWLS are:
i. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN SCOTT3 SR..
ii. GEORGE WASHINGTON SCOTT.
iii. SARAH ANN SCOTT.
Children of JAMES SCOTT and SARAH BRUNSON are:
iv. DINNIS3 SCOTT.
v. DREWRY SCOTT.
vi. WILLIAM SCOTT.
vii. ESTHER SCOTT.
viii. JAMES J. SCOTT.
ix. MIRIAM HARDEN SCOTT.
2. x. NATHANIEL JAMES SCOTT, b. 1794; d. 1868.
Generation No. 2
2. NATHANIEL JAMES3 SCOTT (JAMES2, JOHN1) was born 1794, and died 1868.
Child of NATHANIEL JAMES SCOTT is:
3. i. HOPE BRIDGON4 SCOTT, b. March 05, 1828; d. March 05, 1863, A Savanah Hospital.
Generation No. 3
3. HOPE BRIDGON4 SCOTT (NATHANIEL JAMES3, JAMES2, JOHN1) was born March 05, 1828, and died March 05, 1863 in A Savanah Hospital. He married MARY ANN GRINER, daughter of WILLIAM GRINER and ELIZABETH SPOONER. She was born 1827 in Screven County, Georgia, and died 1903.
Child of HOPE SCOTT and MARY GRINER is:
4. i. THOMAS HENRY5 SCOTT, b. September 19, 1851; d. May 29, 1923.
Generation No. 4
4. THOMAS HENRY5 SCOTT (HOPE BRIDGON4, NATHANIEL JAMES3, JAMES2, JOHN1) was born September 19, 1851, and died May 29, 1923. He married (1) SARAH ELIZABETH JEFFERS. She was born August 21, 1867, and died January 27, 1944. He married (2) LOUISA A BEARD. She was born September 07, 1852, and died July 29, 1891.
Child of THOMAS SCOTT and LOUISA BEARD is:
5. i. CHARLEY PAULHILL6 SCOTT, b. November 11, 1883, Jackson comm Screven county, Ga.; d. October 15, 1962, Reidsville, Ga..
Generation No. 5
5. CHARLEY PAULHILL6 SCOTT (THOMAS HENRY5, HOPE BRIDGON4, NATHANIEL JAMES3, JAMES2, JOHN1) was born November 11, 1883 in Jackson comm Screven county, Ga., and died October 15, 1962 in Reidsville, Ga.. He married LILLIAN MCGEE, daughter of CURTIS MCGEE and FRANCES THOMPSON. She was born November 30, 1887 in Screven, Co Georgia, and died February 26, 1969 in Reidsville, Ga..
Child of CHARLEY SCOTT and LILLIAN MCGEE is:
6. i. JOHN WILLIAM7 SCOTT, b. April 27, 1918, Reidsville, Ga.; d. July 12, 1992, 31324 Richmond Hill, Bryan, Ga..
Generation No. 6
6. JOHN WILLIAM7 SCOTT (CHARLEY PAULHILL6, THOMAS HENRY5, HOPE BRIDGON4, NATHANIEL JAMES3, JAMES2, JOHN1) was born April 27, 1918 in Reidsville, Ga., and died July 12, 1992 in 31324 Richmond Hill, Bryan, Ga.. He married MARLENE ALEXANDER. She was born 1922.
Child of JOHN SCOTT and MARLENE ALEXANDER is:
7. i. SIDNEY WAYNE8 SCOTT, b. August 08, 1939.
Generation No. 7
7. SIDNEY WAYNE8 SCOTT (JOHN WILLIAM7, CHARLEY PAULHILL6, THOMAS HENRY5, HOPE BRIDGON4, NATHANIEL JAMES3, JAMES2, JOHN1) was born August 08, 1939. He married JIMMIE LEE BRAY, daughter of JAMES BRAY and LUCILLE CHADWICK. She was born November 13, 1941 in Athens, Ga..
Child of SIDNEY SCOTT and JIMMIE BRAY is:
i. SIDNEY WAYNE9 SCOTT, b. August 01, 1961, Brunswick, Ga..
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|