William Craig was born about 1795 in North Carolina. He married a Sara Unknown who was born about 1801 in North Carolina. They had the following children:
1. Thomas A. Craig, b. 1837 in Georgia and died 1862 in Tennesse, married to Sarah Hayes.
2. Peggy Craig, b. 1838 in Georgia
3. Nancy M. Craig, b. 1839 North Carolina
4. Malinda Craig, b. 1842 in Georgia
5. Rebecca Craig, b. 1844 in Georgia, married to James J. Mullinax on February 1, 1862 in Pickens County, Georgia.
The following are the only Census records I can find for this family:
1860 Pickens County, Georgia
Craig, William 65 NC Farmer $500 real/$200 personal
Sarah 59 NC
Nancy M. 21 NC
Malinda 18 GA
Rebecca 13 GA
Thomas 23 Farm hand
1870 Census: Remaining family resided in Pickens County, Georgia; Sarah Craig listed as head of household.
1880 Census: Remaning family resided in Pickens County, Georgia; Nancy Craig listed as head of household.
I can find nothing about this William and Sarah Craig that connects them to any CRAIG line. Please help me -- my head is bloody but unbowed from beating it against this brick wall!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|