Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Georgia: Paulding County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Martin Shelton Estate - how to find the papers. Probate Court Maybe??
Posted by: donna evans (ID *****3505) Date: September 16, 2012 at 15:21:49
  of 678

I am wondering if anyone can help me a bit. From the Paulding Co. Website for, I have the following:

Paulding New Era
October 4, 1883
Shelton, John appointed administer of Martin Shelton's estate.

Paulding New Era
8 May 1884
Turner, John H. appointed administer of Martin Shelton estate.

What I need to know is WHO to contact for copies of these Court Papers and possibly the settlement of his Estate. Do I call the Probate Court? The Clerk? WHO??? Or do I write to someone and who would that be. I live in north AL and this is the only way I know to obtain these records. Thanks in advance.

Notify Administrator about this message?

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network