Am interested is contacting descendants of William W. McDaniel, who was born between 1809-1814, married Elizabeth Tillman 7 Oct 1830 Jones Co GA, dau of Richard and Pennie Tillman. William and Elizabeth are buried at Linwood Cemetery, Columbus GA along with their younger daughter Arabella who died young.They came to Muscogee Co ca 1850 (shown then in Muscogee County census) from Harris County. Children born to William W. McDaniel (son of Benjamin Watts McDaniel and Nancy Brantley) and Elizabeth Tillman were:
1. Martha A., b ca 1831, Harris Co GA, married ---- Wilkerson, ca 1860-1 (who I would guess died in civil war). She had one daughter Sophia, who married Michel Firdaroni, an Italian musician. Martha was still living in 1900, with daughter in Columbus. Martha shown as a mantua maker in 1870 census.
2. John H., b ca 1838, Harris Co GA, married Elizabeth A. ---, pre 1870. had children William W. (who married Mille and had Charlie, Eva P., William and Lizzie); Maggie J; Lila B.; Thomas F. (who married Nanna---- and had child THomas F.); Ashley C. (who married Alma --- and had children Ashley and Frances)
3. Julia/Juliet A., b ca Aug 1839, Harris Co GA, shown still unmarried in 1900 - seamstress with the rest of her sisters. Lost track of her aft 1900.
4. Elizabeth, b ca July 1841, Harris Co GA, unmarried also in 1900 - seamstress with the rest of her sisters. Lost track of her aft 1900.
5. Lesa Minerva, b Aug 1843, Harris Co GA, married Jno. B. Geddis ca 1897, shown living next door to sister Martha in 1900 census - Columbus, Muscogee Co GA.
6. Susan W., b ca Sept 1845, Harris Co GA, unmarried still in 1900, worked as a seamstress with rest of sisters.
7. Nancy L., b ca Feb 1848, Harris Co GA, unmarried in 1900, worked as seamstress with rest of sisters.
8. Arabella, b 24 Dec 1851, Harris Co GA, died 13 Sept 1872, Columbus, GA, buried Linville Cem.
Thanks, Trish Elliott-Kashima
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|