Luke Williams (1779VA - 1860 Jasper Co., GA) married Anna/Anny Hartsfield about 1803 in Wilkes Co., GA.
Luke Williams was the son of Luke Williams, Sr. (1738 VA - 1810 Halifax Co., VA) and Katherine Barber.
Anna/Anny Hartsfield was daughter of Godfrey Hartsfield (1742/3 NC - 1808 Wilkes Co. GA) and Sarah "Sallie" Sims (1745 VA - 1815 Jasper Co. GA).
Documented children of Luke Williams and Anna Hartsfield:
1. William Sims Williams (1804GA-1871GA) m. Thruza Williams, daughter of Nathan Williams and Lucy Echols.
2. Isaac Williams (1806 GA - between 1880 and 1888 AL) m. Elizabeth "Betsy" Martin, daughter of Thomas B. Martin and Agnes Culpepper. Isaac and Betsy they moved to Alabama.
3. Sarah Williams (1807GA-1848GA) m. Benjamin Franklin Persons.
4. James M. Williams (1808-1888) m. Nancy Williams, daughter of Zachariah Williams (brother of Luke) and Frances Haygood.
5. Thomas B. Williams (1810-after 1889) m. Frances Ann McDowell, daughter of Daniel McDowell and Susan Ann Crawford.
There were supposedly 2 other children, Luke and Carrie, but no documentation has been found.
Luke Williams died in about 1860 in Jasper Co., GA with no estate records of any kind. I have recently located documentated evidence from the estate records Luks's son, Thomas B. Williams, which identifies all of Thomas' siblings and their children. Land records showing that Luke Williams' land was later owned by his grandson William P. Persons documents that Luke Williams was the father of the 5 siblings.
I will be glad to provide documentation of this information to anyone who needs it. Contact Phyllis Porter at PmpGenie@aol.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|