I am researching the Sansom family in Georgia. The 1812-1829 minutes are on microfilm at Mercer University in Georgia. The film is available through inter-library loan.
Concord Primitive Baptist Church
Jasper Co, GA
1812-1829 Minutes and Membership Roll
Microfilm Reel #687, Mercer University
* Dismissed by letter Brother ARCHABLE SANSOM
April 13th 1813
* Proceeded to bring a charge layed against Brother MICAJAH SANSOM by Brother LACEY for a cusin him with ??
* Excommunicated Brother WILLIAM SANSOM
May 11th 1813
* Excommunicated Brother MICAJAH SANSOM
July 1st 1815
* Received by letter Brother JACOB SANSOM and his wife PEGGEY
Sept. 30th 1815
* Excommunicated Brother JACOB SANSOM under a charge brought by brother URIAH TAYLOR of Fellowship Church and refusing to hear the Church.
Aug 26th 1820
* Received by experience the following brethren and sisters ...ABSALOM ECHOLS, EPHRAIM ROGERS...
Sept. 22nd 1820
* Rec'd by experience sister NANCY ECHOLS
Dec. 22nd 1820
* Dismissed by letter the following brothers and sisters, to wit...EPHRAIM ROGERS and his wife ANA ROGERS
March 22 1821
* Brother ABSALOM ACHOLS came forward with an acknowledgement for drinking to much spirits the brethren feel to forgive him...
June 22nd 1821
* Excommunicated ABSALOM ECHOLS for the sin of drunkenness.
* Sister NANCY ECHOLS applied for a Letter of Dismission, which was granted...
July 26th 1828
* Rec'd by experience...WILLIAM ROGERS & PLEASANT ROGERS...
Jan. 24th 1829
* Brother WILLIAM ROGERS and SARAH his wife application for letters of Dismissian was granted...
Sept. Association 1814: JACOB SANSOM, PEGGEY SANSOM
Dismissed by Letter List :
1814: ARCHABLE SANSOM,JACOB SANSOM, PEGGI SANSOM
1815: WILLIAM A. MELTON.
1816: EPHRAIM ROGERS his wife ANA
WILLIAM SANSUM, MICAJAH SANSUM, JACOB SANSOM
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|