I have posted my Thomas family on the Thomas Forum and would like to do the same on the DeKalb Co. Forum. WILLIAM THOMAS, born probably around 1800 - 1808, came to DeKalb Co. Ga. sometime after 1831 from Anderson District SC.
His wife was WINNEFRED or WINNEY, born about 1808. William died around 1848 in DeKalb Co. as Winney or Winford was in the 1850 census in the Stone Mountain District with children: Samantha, George M., Rebecca A., Andrew J., William B.A., Thomas J., Milly, John H., and Eliza Jane. In the 1840 census of DeKalb William was living in the same district as one George Thomas and his wife Martha. Were George and William related in any way? My ancestor, George M. Thomas, son of William, married Ann H. Little in 1853 and his brother Andrew J. married Sarah Little her sister. They were daughters of Robert Little and Caroline Browning. Caroline was the daughter of Andrew Browning of the Browning District. Sometime after 1850 Winnefred moved to the Browning District where there was a John T. Thomas. Was William Thomas associated with this John T. Thomas in any way?
Here are the children of Willaim Thomas and Winnefred:
1. Samantha Elizabeth - b. 1828 m. JOHN ALEXANDER SEAY
2. Abi Elizabeth - b. 1830 m. WILLIAM T. RAY
3. George M. - b. 1831 m. ANN H. LITTLE
4. Rebecca A. - b. abt. 1834 m. WILLIAM B. LANG
5. Andrew J. - b. 1837 m. SARAH LITTLE
6. Willaim B.A. - b. 1838 m. ELIZABETH COOPER
7. Thomas Jefferson - b. 1839 m. ANGELINA C. NASH
8. Milly M. - b. abt. 1844 m. WILLAIM W. HIGGINBOTHAM
9. John H. - b. abt. 1846
10. Eliza Jane C. - b. 1848 m. JOHN J. BARNES
Would like to contact any descendants. Still looking for the parents of William and Winney.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|