I hope you get this as I have tried to reach you through other sources. I will answer as many of your questions as I can remember.
1. Jefferson Davis and Sarah McClain are white to the best of my knowledge. Maybe some indian mixed, don't know yet.
2. Sarah Jane Bell, believed to be your Sarah Jane McClain is in the Travelers Rest Cemetary in Baker County. The best I can figure, she is my GGgrandmother. b. 02-09-1854 d 01-12-1896.
3. Wealthie Davis Ingram is in the I believe Gordon Cemetary in Early County Blakely Ga.
4 Wealthie's children buried in Travelers Rest are Billie Jane Ingram b 09-20-1913 d. 11-09-1915
Nellie Jane Ingram b 09-20-1913 d 11-09-1915 apparent twins
Mary Edna Ingram b. 01-10-1908 d 09-05-1912
Opal Hall Ingram b 06-19-1916 d 10-29-1918
5. Wealthie's Brother Tom is Thomas Jefferson Davis- my Ggrandfater. b 03-21-1874 d 10-24-1953 m. Emma Elizabeth Bentley- my Ggrandmother They had 7 kids one of which was my grandfather Green Leslie Davis Sr.
6. Other McClain in Traverlers Rest are Hughie C.- b02-24-1930 d 11-05-1977 Ira - b. 1883 d 1935 Myrtle B.- b 1902 d 1955 unknown their relationship to Sarah but had to be some if they are in the same cemetary.
7. Look in anything for Early county Blakely Georgia for everything on the Ingrams. There appeared to be a lot of info there. Baker was part of Early county in or around the 1850's and before.
8. You have Tom's other sister as Etha but it is Ether Davis and I think she married a Ernest Baxter instead of Earl. They had a son named Bill Baxter unknow if it might actually be William or just Bill.
I didn't know that my GGgrandfather was named Jefferson Davis but I had always heard he was. (Not Pres.) I saw something of yours that said he came out of Ohio so I will check further on that.
Please, if you have other info on Jefferson Davis, let me know. I may be able to tie some of your other loose ends but who knows?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|