Do you have any info on Nancy Ballinger and her family? She was married in 1799 to your ancestor David Frizzell.
Below is a summary of info showing the Ballinger and Cox connections to this branch of Frizzells. The Coxes are of specific interest to me because they are my personal family line. I grew up in Nevada County nearby to Chidester AR. My Coxes also have other ties to the Ballingers, so I hope to discover more info on them for this reason. If you can add (or provide corrections) to any of this data, please let me know! I also have photos of a few of these Frizzells, Coxes and Haynies. Please respond directly to Cathy Straley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nancy Ballinger, born about 1774 in Pittsylvania Co VA, married 18 Feb 1799 in Pittsylvania Co VA to David Frizzell (born 1774 Baltimore Co MD, died about 1859 Bedford Co TN; son of Nathan Frizzell and Margaret Deason). The Frizzells were tobacco farmers who left Maryland to settle in Pittsylvania Co VA. They later migrated to Hawkins Co TN, and David Frizzell was listed next door to Jacob Frizzell in the 1840 census of Hamilton Co TN. They later may have lived at Bell Buckle in Bedford Co TN.
Nancy and David Frizzell had 2 or 3 children (need confirmation)...
I. J. D. Frizzell, born about 1811 VA, died later in Birmingham KY; married Mary A. Reeves/ Beane (born about 1816 AL).
II. John Frizzell, born about 1800-03 VA, died before 1859.
iii. David Frizzell, who had at least one son—-
...a. John Wiley Frizzell, born 1826 near Chattanooga at Hixson in Hamilton Co TN, died 1869 at Chidester in Ouachita Co AR. He married Anna Rogers (said to be 3/4 Indian). John owned 1,240 acres of land, plus a cotton gin and a grist mill at Chidester AR.
John Wiley and Anna Frizzell had 8 children...
1. Joseph Lafayette “Joe” Frizzell, born 1850, died 1883. He lived in Ouachita Co AR and married Nancy Elizabeth “Betty” Cox (daughter of William Cox and Harriet Hays; Betty was also the granddaughter of Abner Cox). Joe and Betty’s children included Sarah "Sallie" Frizzell (born 1877), who married Joseph F. “Joe” Haynie, son of Fred Haynie and Cynthia Howard.
2. John D. Frizzell, born 1849 Hamilton Co TN, died 1878 at age 29. He lived in Ouachita Co AR and married about 1875 Hilda Ann Jones (who later married William Cox in 1888 after his first wife Harriet Hays died at Red Hill, Ouachita Co AR). John and Harriet had two sons.
3. James Alexander Frizzell, born 1852 Hamilton Co TN, died 1918. He owned a large quantity of land and timber on both sides of the Little Missouri River near Whelen Springs AR. He married Sarah Ella Ross and was one of the wealthiest men in Clark Co AR.
4. America Caroline Frizzell; married John Parker Rowe.
5. Sarah Rebecca Frizzell.
6. William Thomas (Sam) Frizzell, born 1865 AR, died 1943 AR. His daughter is Daisy Lee Frizzell Vandivere.
7. Elizabeth Isabella Frizzell, born 1860 AR, died 1935.
8. Richard Isaac "Dick" Frizzell, born 1868, died 1955.
9. Pleasant Monroe Frizzell, born 1856 TN, died 1921 at Chidester AR. He married Sarah Elizabeth “Lizzie” Adams. Singer Lefty Frizzell descends from this line.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|