Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Surnames: Fredette Family Genealogy Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Posted by: J.C. Date: September 08, 2001 at 13:34:51
In Reply to: Re: MINA by Carol LaValley of 421

Hi Carol

In NH the vital records from 1887 to 1938 are public information and are available in most town libraries in the state (for that particular town). The NH State Library also has lots of records from NH, VT and NY.
If you wanted records after 1938 in NH, you would have to show proof that you are related to the person you're looking for.
I've also found useful information from the census, which is on microfilm. I think you can buy the microfilm reels from and there may be other sources as well. Some colleges have microfilm available to look at.
I haven't done any physical research in VT yet, and there doesn't seem to be much available on the internet, so I can't help you much there.
If you write to the town clerk in whatever town you're searching in, they should be able to send you a copy of the record you need for a fee. A death certificate in NH is $12. Each state has a Vital Records office in their capital, also, and most states have a web site you can check out.
Some town historians will check records for you also, for a fee, and some libraries offer genealogical services.
Hope this is helpful.


Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Agreement of Use
Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network