Nathan Gunn Formby b: 17Nov1834 Troup Co., GA
d: 11Feb1898 buried Fomby Communtity, near Ashdown, Arkansas + Martha Ann Timmie Phillips b: 1841 dau of Hillary C. Phillips, Baptist minister and Mary G. or Y. d:1901 Ashdown, Little River Co., Arkansas. They were married 15Sep1853 Troup Co., GA moved 1859 to Columbia Co., Arkansas, then 1891 to Ashdown Little River Co., Arkansas.
The children of Nathan Gunn Formby & Martha Ann Timmie Phillips are:
1. Mary Elizabeth Formby b: 8Mar1857 Troup Co., GA.
2. Talitha Eliza Jane "Dink" Formby b: 26Feb1858 Troup Co., GA, d: Jul/Aug 1939 + (1)Michael "Mike" M. Formby 25Jan1877 Columbia Co., AR +(2)James C. Reed 16Oct1900.
3. Sallie Formby b: 1859 Columbia Co., AR
4. Nathan Dawson Formby b: 10Jan1862 Columbia Co., AR, d: 7Feb1911 Magnolia, AR. + Ida Evans Davis 12Oct1886 Atlanta, Columbia Co., AR. Ida was the dau of James Evan Davis and Mary Rebecca Morgan.
5. George Newel Bates Formby b: 31Jul1868.
Note: #2 a Formby married a cousin Formby! Not unusual in those days. Brothers and Sisters married Sisters and Brothers, or neighbors, the Formby/Fomby were a very close knit family.
I will post the information on Mat(t)hew Bates Formby on another post...reference Talitha A. Formby, who married Henry Dawson Phillips, Jasper Co., GA.
Marine Fomby Jackson
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|