I'm seeking the info related to the naturalization of my 2Great Grandfather John (B. (Butler?)) McDonald.
1900 US Census data indicates that John was a "naturalized" citizen, who immigrated to the US in 1887 and that, at the 1900 Census had been in the US for 13 years. (This may or may not pose a discrepancy about his having children born in Warrington, Florida starting w/ Martin in 1868?)
US Census data indicates that John McDonald's parents were born in Scotland
* Born Jan. 1841 in Nova Scotia.
* 1867 Working as Carpenter in Warrington Fl.
* 1867 +/- Married Mary Elizableth Greene
* 1868 (7/14) Birth of 1st child - Martin Butler McDonald -
(who becomes supervisor for L&N)
* 1869 (bet Mar. & July) Birth of 2nd Child - Lillie/Lily/Lili
(Lillie later marries a James Hilliard - Mayor of Pensacola)
* 1871 (Oct.) Birth of 3rd Child George
* 1875 (Dec.) Birth of 4th Child John B. "Jr."
* 1880 Census Index (vol-2, ed-41, sheet 29, line-22) -
resides in "Woolsey" (city) in Escambia Co.
* 1887- ("year immgrated to US" source - 1900 US
Census; "number of years living in US?" - "13" - source
1900 US Census; "Naturalization?" - "Na" source-
1900 US Census)
* 1900 Census - Resides @ 239 Chase Street
* 1910 Census - Resides (w/ dau. Lillie McDonald Hilliard) at
201 Gregory Street.
* 1911 (July18) George dies - unmarried
* 1913 (March 10) John dies - unmarried
* 1910 - 1920 John McDonald (Sr.) & wife Mary Greene
McDonald most likely die. They do not appear of 1920
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|