Retha: Here's my data on Elizabeth Douglas: She married (1) John L. Anderson about 1854 in Georgia. John was b abt 1832. Their children:
1. James Martin Leonard Anderson, b April 1864 in Fla. D 1926 in Fla. Married Mary Elizabeth Frazier
2. Julia F. Anderson, b 8-28-1858 in Lulu, Fla. d 2-22-1940 in Waverly, Fla. Married Steven Sparkman Taylor on 12-27-1876 in Columbia County, Fla.
3. Kate Anderson - No info on her
Elizabeth then married (2) Carey Cole abt 1873. Their Children:
1. Seller Carey Cole, b 7-5-1872 in Fla., died 3-3-1924 in Fla. Married Mary Jane Douglas.
2. Elijah Enoch Cole, b 10-10-1873 in Columbia Co., Fla. Died April 19, 1954 in Lake City, Fla. Married Minnie Brown on Nov 1, 1893 in Bradford Co., Fla.
Elizabeth married (3) Daniel Thomas Sumner, Sr. on 11-6-1879 in Columbia Co., Fla.
It is rumored that Elizabeth and Daniel had at least one child, said to be Alex C. Sumner. (Alex, or Alexander is a popular and well used name in the SUMNER family for many years.....so from that prospective, it's logical)
I'd sure appreciate anything you can add to this family!! Do you happen to know where Elizabeth is buried?? (her family was a well known one in Emanuel Co., Ga, Ware Co., Ga before coming down into Florida) (Daniel Sumner followed the same pattern) Thanks!
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|