I have been researching my gg g/f Frederick KIRCHER for well over a year now. Other family members have researched for many years, unsuccessfully.
Much of the family "lore" has it that he was married to a Louisa FIX. Possibly in Illinois, Missouri, or ?, sometime in the 1850's maybe 60's I'd guess.
I am now hoping to back track through the FIX family to see if someone might have something in their data base.
There is much confusing data often conflicting. I have found and have documentation of:
1. A Frederick KIRCHER Naturalization Certificate in Whiteside County Ill.
in January 1866. Where he renounced the King of Wuremtberg.
2. A marriage license between a Frederick Kircher and a Louisa FRY in Whiteside County Illinois in March of 1859. (yes I said FRY)
3. Birth of a son "Henry J" in 1858 in Whiteside County Ill.
4. Birth of a second son Charles in 1865 in Cole County Ill.(which is across the state I think)
5. Birth of a third son William in 1867 back in Whitside County Ill.
6. Birth of two more sons in Jackson County Missouri in 1869 and 1871. (one of these was my g g/f)
Regarding these last two, they were Christened in St. Mary's Parish in July 1871. The certificates indicate that the mothers maiden name was FIX.
It occurs to me that IF the data of the first son is correct (I've located two Henry J. Kirchers) that there is an unsually long period between son #1 and 2. 1st wife die?, and the second sons birth vs the marriage to LOUISA FRY. (The letter Y is very pronounced...twice on the certificate)
In any case...after this short story, If any FIX researchers has any KIRCHER data or knows someone that might help me with my brick wall...HELP...:o)
Fort Worth, Texas
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|