I'm seeking further information on any of the following:
FENNELL OF BURTOWN HOUSE, ATHY, CO. KILDARE, IRELAND
1. Robert Fennell of Steepledsham, Wiltshire, married and had issue:
2. Colonel John Fennell, Cromwell's army, settled at Kilkommon Beg in Ireland in about 1660 and married Mary ___. Had issue:
3. Joshua Fennell (b. 1655) m. Mary Phelps and had issue:
4. Joshua Fennell (b. 1689) m. Elizabeth Cook and had issue:
5. William Fennell m. Susanna Moore and had issue:
6. James Fennell (1817 - 9th Oct 1890) of Bessbrook, Co. Down, m. (1865) Sarah Jemima Wakefield (d. 24 May 1896), dau of Thomas Christy Wakefield of Marino, Co. Down. Had one son and five daughters (Marion, Susan Ada, Jane Wakefield, Emma, Jemima Sarah). The only son:
7. William James Fennell (15th July 1866 - 14th Dec 1928) of Burtown House, JP, High Sheriff (1913) m. 13th August 1890 Isabel Shackleton (d. 11 Feb 1946), daughter of Richard Ebenezer Shackleton of Belan Lodge, Moone, Co. Kildare and had issue:
8. i) Lt. Col William James Fennell (18 June 1897 - ), educ Charterhouse, late RA (1914 - 45), served in WWI and WW2, m. (24 Feb 1936) Cynthia Maud Allen, dau of Charles Turner Allen, CIE, of Kidborough Farm, Dane Hill, Sussex and had issue:
9. i) William Moore Fennell (b. 2nd August 1941), educ Charterhouse, m. Lesley Walsh.*
10. i) Harriet m. (2003) Piers Landseer.
10. ii) James Fennell, photographer (see www.jamesfennell.com)
10) iii. Becky.
ii) Cecilia Fennell, b. 18 June 1938, educ St Margarets, Yeaton Pevery , Salop.
iii) Frances Fennell, b. 19 May 1949.
8. ii) Richard Joshua Moore Fennell (Moorelands, Botha's Hill, Natal, S. Africa), b. 8 June 1899, m. 27 April 1927 Muriel Patricia Beatrice, dau of Henery Otto Rowe Williams of Durban, Natal, and had issue a daughter Priscilla Suzanne Patricia, b. 28 March 1928, m. Gerald Wyndham Meiklereid of Johnannesnurg.
8. iii) Eirene Fennell (Garden Flat, 12 Northbrook Road, Dublin), b. 9 July 1891.
8. iv) Wenda Fennell, b. 22 April 1893, m. 15 April 1920 Major Lionel Westropp Peel Yates, Chief Constable of Dorset (Ravensthorp, Budleigh Salterton, S. Devon), son of Henry Wingfield Yates, RIC and had issue a son, Henry Lawerence Peel Yates (Bolart, Bver's Lane, South Godstone, Surrey), b. 5 June 1921, educ. Sherborne, m. 8 Sept 1951 Beryl Edith, youngest daughter of Admiral Sir Lumley Lyster, KCB, CVO, CBE, DSO of Hillside, Charminster, Dorset.
8. v) Mary Wakefield Fennell, b. 11 May 1894, m. 6 Feb 1915 Captain Thomas Wilfrid Reynolds, BA, late Suffolk Regt (Pine Cottage, Heathlands, George, CP, South Africa), s on of Charles Partridge Reynolds of Lynton Hall, Sezela, S. Africa and had issue a son Derrick Wilfrid Reynolds (born 15 Nov 1915, m. 25 Nov 1954 Rosemary Colleen Stewart; The Rectory, Idutywa, Transkei, CP, SA) and a daughter Marion reynolds (b. 23 March 1918, m. 19 April 1944 Edward Henry Moore Langford, 3 Woodlands Close, Pinelands, CP).
8. vi) Isabel Susan Fennell, b. 5 July 1900, m. 11 Aug 1926 Brigadier William Parr Aldous Robinson, MC (King's Croft, Panfield, Braintree, Essex), son of the late Rev John Theodore Thomas Robinson of Highgate Vicarage, N6, and had issue a son Guy Vivian Fennell (c/o Shell Co, St Helen's Court, EC3), b. 7 Nov 1929, educ. Marlborough and Trin College Cambridge.
* Lesley Fennell's father Major John Mainwaring Walsh, RA, b. 20 Oct 1916, educ. Wellington and RMA, m. 19 April 1941 Wendy Walsh dau of Ronald Alexander Storey. She has a brother Michael (b. 1949) and sister Annabelle (b. 1943). John's father, Brigadier Mainwaring Ravell Walsh, CB, CMG, MC, served as a Captain with the Royal Berkshires Regt during the Boer War and again in WWI (despatches, Legion of Honour). He was killed in action in France aged 54 on 14th May 1940 while serving with the Worcestershire Regt. He was the son of Col. Thomas Prendergast Walsh of Larragh Manor, Co. Cavan. His wife was Bertha Violet Wilson-Slator of White Hill, Edgeworthstown and Belle Ville, Tara, Co. Meath, an old Cromwellian settler family. By a long-winded yet curious coincidence Brigadier Mainwaring Walsh'sgreat-great-great-great grandfather the Rev. Philip Walsh was servingas Rector of Ballymore Eustace when he married Catherine Eastwick, a granddaughter of Edward Davis of Moone.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|