Ms. Shamp - I've listed the family of my ancestor, Edmund Fears of Burke County, North Carolina. Maybe it will help you sort out the "Edmunds".
EDMUND FEARS ba. 1740 Amelia County, Va.
d. after 1794 Burke Co., N.C.
ma. 1760 Amelia County, Va.
+ SILENCE ?? b. ?? ??
d. after 1782 Burke Co., N.C.
EDMUND was the first born son of JAMES FEARS and KESIAH ?? of Prince Edward Co., Va. (my opinion)
1. WILLIAM FEARS (Rev. Soldier) ** ba. 1759 Prince Edward Co., Va.
da. 1800 Richmond Co., Ga. .
2. ABSALOM FEARS ** ba. 1762 Prince Edward Co., Va.
d. 13 Sep. 1791 Richmond Co., Ga.
3. EDMUND FEARS ** ba. 1764 Prince Edward Co., Va.
d. 3 Mar. 1806 Richmond Co., Ga.
4. NANCY FEARS (F) ** ba. 1765 Prince Edward Co., Va.
da. 1850 Harris County, Ga.
5. JONATHAN FEARS * ba. 1766 Va. or NC. d. ?? ??
6. unknown female FEARS (F) ** ba. 1767 Va. or NC.
da. 1790 Georgia
+ BENJAMIN WATSON
7. unknown female FEARS (F) ** ba. 1769 Burke Co., NC
d. before 1814 Georgia
+ WILLIAM ROLAND
8. unknown female FEARS (F) ** ba. 1772 Burke Co., NC d. ?? Georgia
+ HENRY WILLIAMS
9. JAMES FEARS * ba. 1774 Burke Co., NC
d. ?? Burke Co., NC
10. JOSEPH FEARS ba. 1776 Burke Co., NC
d. ?? Burke Co., NC
Since there are no records on Joseph he could have died at an early age.
EDMUND and his family probably migrated to Burke County, North Carolina shortly before or after the 19th of Jan 1767. It appears that he & NATHAN BRANCH had a judgement against them by Thomas Haskins. Then JAMES FEARS also filed a judgement on the same day. It appears a condemnation had already been processed and a Peter Legrand was holding the money. It's possible that he vacated his property and let it be used as an asset against his debts.
This brings forward a question; who is NATHAN BRANCH ?
Maybe EDMUNDíS father-in-law. ??
A NATHAN BRANCH is listed in the 1790 Massachusetts census and there was a
SAMUEL BRANCH (1-2-4) in the 1790 Burke County census.
The children that migrated to Richmond County, Georgia were: WILLIAM, ABSALOM,
EDMUND, NANCY and three other females that married a BENJAMIN WATSON, a
WILLIAM ROLAND and a HENRY WILLIAMS.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|