This is in reference to my posting # 32 on this Farnell site.
This previous posting was of William Farnill "the keelman" as listed in his Will. William died 1794 age 77 yrs.
Four children are listed in his Will.
1. Margaret, d.Oct 1808 age 59, b. cal 1749.
2. William, no known b. or d. dates.
3. Sarah, no known b. or d. dates.
4. Thomas, no known b. or d. dates.
For further info on these children see posting # 32.
A friend and cousin Douglas Farnill, sent me this web site to check out Farnill persons. http://frontpage.caninet.com/rcawthorn/
Has quite a few Farnill's listed. Check it out. Scroll down to "All Families" then on letter "F", then on Farnill.
Near the end of the third listings of Farnill's, I find a William Farnill b. abt 1721, marr 10 May 1743 Sarah Cambridge, Pontefract, Yorkshire, England. Sarah b. 1721 d. Oct 1781, Pontefract.
Seven children are listed.
1. Sarah, b. 1742/43, d. 1742/43, Knottingley.
2. William, b.1745, Knottingley.
3. John, b. 1747, Knottingley, d. 1782, Knottingley.
4. Margaret, b. !748/49, Ponterfract.
5. Sarah, b. 1752, Knottingley, d. 1754, Knottingley.
6. Ann, b. 1758, Knottingley.
7. Sarah, b. 1759, Knottingley.
Please note that only child Margaret matches any dates of the two listed family children.
Does any one have info as if these two families are one in the same. This Farnill family is ancestors to me through my grandmother Emma (Farnill) Seagraves who was born in Leeds, England. And I am just as interested in the Farnill family as I would be in my Segrave family.
Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|