5. James Smith b. 1782 in MD. He m. ca 1801 Rowan Co NC to Mary Elizabeth JOB, dau of Samuel and Rachel (Little) Job. James' family also moved to Cumberland Co, KY in 1805 where they resided on Kettle Creek until about 1820 when they went to Union/Wayne Co, IN. In 1829 they moved to Morgan Co, IL until 1845 when they moved to neighboring Cass Co, IL. Again in 1854 they moved to Madison Co, IA, and this is where they d. in 1855.
6. Thomas Smith b. 1784 in MD. He m. 1813 Rowan Co, NC to Elizabeth ETCHISON, dau of William or Edmund Etchison. They had a family in Davie Co where Thomas d. in 1858.
7. Levi Kiteley Smith b. 1786 in MD. He m. 1809 in Rowan Co, NC to Martha "Patsy" HOLDEN. They had children and resided in Davie Co where Levi d. in 1840.
8. Sarah Smith b. 1789 in MD. She m/1 to Peter EATON in 1814 in Surry Co, NC. Peter died & Sarah m/2 to William P STOCKTON in 1818 in Surry Co, NC. Sarah d. in 1819 at the birth of her son William Smith Stockton who also died the same day. They are buried in Davie Co.
9. Perry Smith b. 1792 in MD? or NC? He m. in 1815 in Rowan Co, NC to Mary "Polly" ETCHISON, dau of Edmund Etchison. They went to Lawrence Co, IN where they had a family and where they resided in Spice Valley Twp. Perry d. in 1841 in Lawrence Co, IN.
The Smiths were members of the Bethlehem Methodist Episcopal Church in Davie Co and many members of this family are buried in the church cemetery. Several in the family were Methodist ministers, as were many in the later generations across the country.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|