From New Brunswick Genealogical Society
First Families Database
First Families is a collection of genealogical information taken from various sources that were periodically submitted to the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick. The information has not been verified against any official records. Since the information in First Families is contributed, it is the responsibility of those who use the information to verify its accuracy.
ERB, Henry Erb b in Bucks County, PA, d after 1827, came to NB in 1783 as a Loyalist and settled at Erbs Cove, Kingston Parish, Kings County, married Nancy White b - , died before 1827, d/o Peregrine White a Loyalist from an adjacent lot, Children are listed in an estimated order,
1) Henry Erb b - , married 26 Jan 1819 Elizabeth Burnett b c1798, d after 1851, d/o William Burnett and Mary Catherine Rupert, they settled in Henderson Settlement, Wickham Parish, Queens County,
2) Joseph Erb b c1785, married Mary - , b c1792, d before 1861, settled in Kars Parish, Kings County and had three children,
3) Frances/Fanny Erb born c1790, married 10 Oct 1830 Edward Douglas,
4) William Erb b c1795, d 1863, married (1st) 23 Oct 1817 Lucy Shampier b - , died before 1851, had three children, married (2nd) Mary Shaw b c1814, settled in Wickham Parish, Queens County,
5) Seth Erb b 28 Nov 1798, d 29 Jul 1888, married 3 Feb 1825 in Kings County, Mary Ann Ganong b 28 Jul 1807, d 27 Apr 1873, settled in Kingston Parish and had nine children,
6) Mary Ann Erb b - , married 23 Oct 1817 Jedediah Hersey, 7) Sophia Erb b - , married 23 Aug 1821 George Fraser,
8) Warren White Erb born c1805, d 10 Sep 1882, married 20 Mar 1828 Elizabeth Wheaton b c1808, died 10 May 1891, settled in Kings County, eight children.
Sources, MC191 MacDonald, Charles, Genealogical Collection, see also MC80/1397 Daniel F. Johnsonís New Brunswick lineages, pages 255-256, see MC80/2354 Saint John Branch, NBGS, Arrivals 99, our first families in New Brunswick, pg. 85, see MC80/2848 Gerald P. Dawsonís Henry Erb, Loyalist settler of the Belleisle, New Brunswick and some of his descendants, 60 pgs.
ERB, John Erb born 1812 s/o Joseph and Mary Erb, died 1893, married 21 Jan 1836 Mary Ann Morrell b 13 Nov 1813, d in 1892, d/o Elnathan Morrell and Mary Gunter, settled at Kars Parish, Kings County, NB, Children,
1) Mary Erb born 1837, married 1862 Alexander Morrell,
2) Joseph Charles Erb born 1838, d 1922, married 14 Feb 1866 Julia Marjorie Jones b 1850, d 1941,
3) George William Erb b 1840, died 1922, married 1869 Eliza Ann Reicker born 1851, d 1923,
4) Albert Este Erb b 1842, died 1869,
5) Matilda Jane Erb b 1844, d 1845,
6) Isaac Erb b 1846, d 1924, married 1873 Francis Huestis,
7) John Erb b 1849, d 1881,
8) Ruth Erb b 1851, died 1926, married 1872 William McKinnon of Fredericton,
9) Emma Bertha Erb b 1854, d 1932, m 1885 Joshua Shaw of Boston, MA,
10) Wellington Andrew Erb born 1857, d 1940, married 1886 Fannie Webster of Wickham.
Sources, MC1/Erb, 2 pages, see MC191 MacDonald, Charles, Genealogical Collection, see MC80/1397 Daniel F. Johnsonís New Brunswick lineages, pages 255- 256.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|