Sorry, it has taken me a couple days due to the easter holidays, but here is some more information for you :)
I am going to try to write it in a slightly different way to try and keep it a little less confusing. many of the names are passed down in the families and as you have probably already encountered there are MANY people with the same name.
So in my other message I left off with Samuel Embree (married to Harriet Fillmore), here are his parents and siblings :
Children of Joseph and Catherine Embree :
* JOSEPH EMBREE - born in Westchester County NY, Jul 17 1782-83 died in Wentworth Cumberland County NS Jun 18 1870, Married Jane ?. Married second Sarah Beebe.
* SAMUEL EMBREE - died at River Philip, Cumberland County NS. Married Mar 14 1808 to Harriet Fillmore born near Jolicure NB jan 23 1789, daughter of Asa and Priscilla Fillmore.
* DEBORAH EMBREE - born at Upper Wallace River, Cumberland county NS 1786, died Jun 11 1873. Married ca. 1808 to James Dotten born at North Wallace Cumberland County NS feb 6 1877.
* FRANCES EMBREE - born in Cumberland County NS 1787 died oct 18 1880. Married Mar 24 1813 to Henry Purdy born jan 2 1789, died mar 20 1857, son of Gabriel and Esther (or easter) Purdy of NY state.
* JACOB EMBREE - born at Westchester Township Cumberland County jan 12 or 18 1794, died dec 20 1857, married April 1819 to Isabella Chisholm born at Portipique NS Nov 22 1797, died Oct 26 1880, daughter of John and Isabella Chisholm.
* SARAH EMBREE - born at Cumberland County NS Sep 10 1798, died at Westchester NS sep 6 1855. Married april 6 1817 to Gabriel Purdy born Jan 1791, died apr 26 1864, son of Gabriel and Esther (or easter) Purdy.
and then one more generation back... Joseph Embree (married to Catherine)'s parents and siblings:
Children of Joseph and Deborah (Lawrence) Embree:
* SAMUEL EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY Oct 21 1746, died at Amherst Cumberland County NS 1800, married in Westchester County NY Jan 11 1771 to Sarah Hyatt born Jul 14 1753, died in Amherst 1828. Daughter of Elisha and Sarah Hyatt.
* WILLIAM EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY
* PHILIP EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY
* JOHN EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY prior to 1755
* SARAH EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY married to Jeffrey. "Col. samuel Embree had a siser Sarah who married an officer named Jeffry or Jeffries who came from France with Lafayette."
* FRANCES EMBREE - "Frannie" born at west farms, Westchester County NY married ? Purdy. "Colonel Samuel Embree had a sister Frannie who was Mrs. Colonel Purdy of Cobequid Mountain. They were married before coming to Nova Scotia."
* ABIGAIL EMBREE - born at Westchester County NY married in NY mar 24 1773 to Robert Campbell.
* ANN EMBREE - born at Westchester County NY married in NY apr 3 1779 to William Nelson.
* ROBERT EMBREE - born in Westchester County NY. Also went by Emery.
* JOSEPH EMBREE JR. - born at West Farms Westchester County NY Aug 4 1760, died at Westchester Cumberland County NS nov 18 1828 married Catherine born in Westchester County NY 1761 died at Westchester Cumberland County NS Apr 2 1846. Joseph served in the same Loyalist unit as his brother Samuel in the revolutionary War and moved to Nova Scotia with him.
* MARY EMBREE - born at West Farms Westchester County NY sep 25 1766 died at Roxbury Delaware County NY feb 14 1841. Married Deacon Jotham Wood Scrudder born at Huntington Queens County NY apr 25 1766, died sep 14 1862 son of Captain William Smith and elizabeth (wood) scudder.
and the next generation back, parents and siblings of Joseph (married to Deborah) :
Children of Samuel and Abigail (Rowland) Embree:
* ABIGAIL EMBREE - born in NY before 1715, died in NY, married to Samuel Hunt born 1703 son of Samuel and Mary (Underhill) Hunt.
* SARAH EMBREE - born in NY before 1716, married Anthony Gleane III born in NY 1715, died in 1776, son of Anthony and Susannah Gleane, Jr.
* ROBERT EMBREE - born in NY before 1720 died in NY 1759-60, married Margaret.
* JOSEPH EMBREE - born in NY before 1724 died in NY prior to Nov 1786. Married Deborah Lawrence who outlived him, and sold his land, only to have it claimed from his estate by Colonel Lewis Morris who had secured an indictment against him under the Trespass Act.
* RUTH EMBREE - born in NY before 1724.
* MARY EMBREE - born at Westchester County NY 1725, married in mar 1743 to Thomas Leggett born at West Farms Westchester County NY in 1721 son of Gabriel and Bridget Leggett.
* DEBORAH EMBREE - born at Westchester County NY after 1726.
* HANNAH EMBREE - born at Westchester County NY after 1728.
* JOHN EMBREE - born at Westchester, Westchester County NY before 1732, died 1785, married Susannah Leggett daughter of John and Anna (hunt) Leggett.
and another generation back, parents and siblings of Samuel (married to Abigail):
Children of John and Sarah (pearsall) Embree :
* HANNAH EMBREE - born at Flushing Queens County NY ca 1669-70, died there 1740. Married to Matthew Farrington Jr who died 1728, son of Matthew Farrington.
* ROBERT EMBREE - born at Flushing Queens County NY ca 1672-1680
* JOHN EMBREE JR - born at Flushing ca 1674-1682 died 1762 married in 1716 to Ruth Denton who died ca 1718-19. Married second in 1720 Charity Doughty born in flushing dec 14 1693.
* SAMUEL EMBREE - born at Flushing ca 1676-89 died at West Farms Westchester Town, Westchester County NY jun 1740 married to Abigail Rowland born 1691-92 daughter of Jonathan and Abigail Rowland.
last one... parents and siblings of John (married to Sarah):
Children of Robert and Mary (bassett) Embry:
* JOHN EMBREE - born probably at New Haven, New Havn County CT ca 1644, died at Flushing, Queens County NY, married ca 1666 to Sarah Pearsall daughter of Nicholas and Sarah Pearsall.
* MARY EMBREE - born probably at New Haven, New Haven County CT ca. 1646.
* SAMUEL EMBREE - born at New Haven, New Haven County, CT ca 1648 died at Hempsted, Queens County NY 1729. Married Abigail. Married second to Sarah who outlived him.
and where did Robert come from?
Robert Emery, or Emry, or Embry, who died at Samford, Fairfields County CT jul 21 1656, is guessed to have come from England. His wife, Mary Bassett, was born at Stamford, Lincolnshire, England on dec 21 1617. The records do not show his name as being spelled "Embree", but rather a variety of this (Emery, Emry, Embry, Embrey, etc) but his sons John, Samuel and Moses spelled their name "Embree" in their autographed documents from 1678 on, and was uniformly used by their decendants.
I hope this helps you out :D
also check out the books "Embree Footprints" put together by Robert Ambler (there is a post about them a page or so back in this forum) as they are FULL of amazing information. These are where I have gotten the information from, as I have a copy of Volume one (the first few generations) and volume three, which is where my branch of the tree is (and luckily yours as well). there are lots of great maps, pictures, stories and alot more history in the books, and definately something to look into if you are interested in learning more about it :)
Gail Embree :)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|