Hi. I (and a relative of mine) tried some years ago to discover the precise identity of John Edmonds, born c1800, but with limited success.
These are the sketchy details I have:
- Mariner of Rotherhithe from 1825
- married Mary Anne Kibby in 1828 in Bermondsey- probably lost at sea (perhaps 1852 on voyage to S. America, but uncertainty here)
- not on 1841 or 1851 census but wife and family are- perhaps from Kingston-upon-Hull or area, and then moved with family to Rotherhithe probably before 1800.
- family may also have been in Scarborough.
- brother-in-law William KIBBY, mariner pensr in 1851 (may have been a boat builder)
- son, John Henry EDMONDS born 1830, also a mariner, who eventually migrated to Australia and married Mary Johns
I have most records after John's marriage, but nothing about his own life other than some Mariner records where he is mentioned a few times. Nothing about his death or his place of birth, etc.Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|