Ok you got me thinking and I found some time tonight to break out my printed research. I have tons I can give over time but for starters 1) I own a website www.edds.org that is in the early stages of developement for just this purpose and all I have will be posted there... please go there and read some of the background I have there, not much but its a start. 2) Yes we do have a match here on the relation.
You probably already have all of this on Carrie but I'm going to include it so you can fill me in.
Carrie Alice Edds born Oct 8, 1881, in Tazewell Co., Ill, died after 1938 (if you have that info I would appreciate it). Lived in New Mexico as far as I know. First husband Charles Fish (child Glaydis, died at 11 months). Second Husband Ethan Cochren (children, Paul, Ivan, Milred... I would love for you to fill me in on there details).
Carrie was the third of 9 Children born to Andrew Milton Edds and Mary Elizabeth Raines/Ranes.
There childred in order where:
1)James Bartlett Edds (my grandfather), Married Ruth McGonigle. They had 7 children, 1 is still alive (my aunt Leah). James Bartlett died when my dad was about 8 years old so he doesn't remember him much, and my dad died about 5 years ago. I'm Don and I am 39 years old.
2)Ellen Cordelia Edds, married Tom Fish, 5 children that I have
3) Carrie Alice Edds, info above
4) George Washington Edds, married Viola Cummings Short, 3 children that I have listed
5) Charles Franklin Edds, 2 marriages and e kids
6) Ralph Carlton Edds, married Ella Hinds. No Children. Did own a store in Pleasanton KS that I fill you in on later
7) Milton Andrew Edds, married 2 times, and his son Clayton Edds lives in Long Beach Ca and we correspond regularly. Miltons daughter Dorothy is still living and I have info somewhere. Clayton has 3 kids.
8) Cecil Beryl Edds, born 1904 just died in 1999. I met her and have a video tape I made 3 or 4 years ago of her. I will gladly copy and share it with you. She Married HR. Hinds and they had one son, and he had no children. HR was a genealogist also. When he died about 5 years ago Cecil gave me all of his research and books. I only got to meet Cecil once but as you can imagine it was the trip of a lifetime.
Ok, I can fill you in more on that generation later...your chomping at the bit to know what more I have. I have tons :)
The short version is...
Andrew Milton Edds was born in Pekin IL in 1856. You have to research in Pekin and you will find stuff there. I can give you a lot from there but it will take time to share it.
Andrews father was most likely Bartlett Edds (95% sure but still lacking a final 100%). Bartletts first marragin was to Diana Kemper in 1821 in Muhlenberg Co. KY. and they had 10 kids that I can fill you in on. Bartletts second marriage is the one we descend from, to Mary Elizabeth Price in 1843 in Tazwell Co. IL. They had 7 kids, and Andrew was the 7th.
I have some background on the Price family and the Kempers I'll share later.
Now who was Bartletts father? We can't prove it, and people have tried for 40 years of research, but we think it is Carroll Eades of Muhlenberg CO KY, or it is Barnett Eades of the same area. We think Barnett and Carroll where brothers and that Barnett died and Caroll raised Bartlett. Family lore says Bartlett left KY and went to Illinois and changed the spelling from Eades to Edds when he moved.
Whew... that is a fast overview... and I have so much to fill in for you.
I would suggest that we correspond direct from now on but I wanted to include all of this here for people searching the family.
My email is email@example.com and my family web site is www.edds.org. My phone number is 812/948-0060 and I'd be glad to discuss any of this in more detail with anyone.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|