This will probate transcript of/for Lucinda (Burgess) Easterwood (b. 1807 SC, d. 6 Aug 1875, Pickens Co, AL), widow of David Easterwood (b. 16 Mar 1796, SC, d. 1866 Pickens Co, AL) was forwarded to me by Martha Curry (MKJRCurry@aol.com). Pat Gilbert (email@example.com) suggested that it be posted on the Easterwood Board.
Sent to Martha Curry by Kathleen Brown:
"The State of Alabama Probate Court
To Hon T. G. Williams Judge said court
Your petitioner requests unto your honor that Mrs. Lucinda Easterwood died in this County on the 6th day of August 1875 leaving a note due her for land for about one hundred & fifty dollars and no other assets. Your petitioner is a daughter of the deceased estate as follows:
1. William Easterwood, son, Port Sullivan, Milam County, Texas
2. Jno Easterwood
3. Children of Catherine Land, Lone Star, Leo, Texas, James Sarah, Amanda & Thomas - adults [Sarah Burgess wife of Robert Burgess
4. T. [J.] P. Easterwood; children Wm & Mary; minors over fourteen, in custody of Caroline Reese, Gadsden, Etowah Co., Ala.
5. Children of L. P. ? Easterwood viz. Jesse, adult & Robert minor over fourteen and reside wiht Mrs. Mary Easterwood
6. Sarah Scott dec. - - Son M. S. Scott & Lucinda Wood wife of Joe Wood, reside in Pickens Co. Ala.
7. Jane E. Welch. Pickens Co Ala petitioner
Your petitioner asks you Honoe to grand her letters of administration in order to collect said note of land and to make conveyance to the purchaases of the said land.
Petitioner alleges that there is no other property belonging to said estate and that she is entitled to the same for services in taking care of her deceased mother. Sworn to and subscribed this the 10th of September 1877 Jane E. Welch
T. G. Williams
Judge of Probate
I have briefly checked the 1880 Census records:
1. Capt. William Carol Easterwood (b. 1823), in the Port Sullivan, Milam Co, TX, Census of 1880.
2. John Easterwood, is probably John B. Easterwood because: In the 1880 Census, John B. Easterwood's son, Chesley Luther Easterwood (b. 1866 TX), is listed with William as "nephew", which makes John B. and William brothers.
3. Children of Catherine [Easterwood] Land [David and Lucinda's daughter, b. 1820]. Sarah Land, wife of Robert Burgess - not Robert Burgess in 1880 Milam Co, TX Census.
4. "T. P." Easterwood is probably Thomas Easterwood (b. 1829). Page 288C of the 1880 Haynes, Etowah Co, AL Census includes Mary Easterwood (b. 1861, AL)and her brother, William G. T. Easterwood (b. 1862, AL) with Ewing B. Reece and his family.
5. Children of L. P. Easterwood, whose wife is Mary, with children Jesse and Robert mentioned, On Page 552D of the 1880 Pickens Co, AL Census, Mary Easterwood is listed as "widowed" with her sons Robert Easterwood and "J. T." Easterwood.
6. Sarah Scott (b. 1810/1820, d. before 1850), wife of Miles Scott (b. 1820), children Miles Scott(b. 1842 and Lucinda (Scott) Wood (b. 1840) In the 1880 Laurens, SC, Census is a Miles Scott, 60, with wife "Naoma", and grandson "Alex Winn".
7. Jane E. (Easterwood) Welch, administrator, b. 1834.
If anyone has any other information, please share...Robert
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|