My husband is Hermann Dreier Jr. and his father was known as Hermann Sr.).
I am interested in the ancestors and relatives of Hermann Dreier Senior. Happy to share information that I know. I'll only give the names of those who are deceased. (Except for my husband and my own names.) Hermann Sr. immigrated to South America from Germany in the 1920s, and then to California, in the United States in the 1960s. It is unknown if any of his relatives in Germany survived WWII.
Hermann Sr.'s parents:
Oma and Opa (Grandpa and Grandma)
I believe Oma's first name was Cecilia.
Oma and Opa's children:
1. Ernst Hermann Heinrik Dreier (known as Hermann Sr.)
1. Elizabeth Dreier. She married Ernesto Contag in Ecuador. They had four children. She died of typhoid while still a young mother, probably in the 1930s. Ernest died, but I do not know when or where.
Ernesto and Elizabeth (Dreier) Contags' children:
1. Ernesto (Ernestito) Contag Jr. He married and they had several children. They remained in South America I believe.
2. Werner Contag. He lived with his family in Venezuela. They moved to Florida (United States in the 1990s. He died in 1998 or 1999.
3. A third son. He lives with his wife in New Ulm, Minnisota, USA. They have many children and grandchildren.
4. A daughter. She lives with her husband and family in Oregon, USA. They have two sons and one daughter.
Oma and Opa's son, Hermann Sr., married Anna Hope Eamigh and they had five children, including my husband, Hermann Jr.
Hermann Sr. was born in August (26 or 27), 1910 in Duisberg, Germany. He grew up in Gernsheim, Germany. He left Germany in his teens late in the 1920s and moved to Quito, Ecuador. He married Anna Hope Eamigh on February 9, 1936. Their children were all born in Quito. They all moved to the state of California (in the United States of America) in 1961. The family lived briefly in a couple towns in the Los Angeles area, and then lived for many years in Torrance, California, and finally they movced to Harbor City, California. Hermann Sr. died in Sept., 1988. His wife is still alive, and lives back in Torrance. Four of their five children are still alive.
Children of Hermann and Anna Hope (Eamigh) Dreier:
1. A girl, born in December, 1936. Alive.
2. Elizabeth (Betty) Dreier born about 1938 or 1939. She died of typhoid when two or three years old, so sometime in 1941, 1942, or 1943.
3. Hermann Dreier (no middle name), my husband. Born on June 30, 1948. Alive.
4. A boy born in August, 1950. Alive.
5. A daughter born in March, 1955. Alive.
Thanks to any who contact us.
Linda L. Dreier (birthname-Leffingwell, adopted name-Garcia)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|