Florence, among my family papers I have found the information from the bible of my aunt, Lillian Dow Higgins, that pertains to the children of my paternal grandfather, Thomas Everett Dow (born circa 1884), and grandmother, Elizabeth Alvira Carter, of Mapleton ME. This will update the incomplete (and in places, incorrect) information on p. 626 of The Book of Dow. Their children were as follows:
1.Herman E. Dow, b. Nov. 1906 (last know address: Paris, Ark.; married to Esther ____)
2.Lillian Dow Higgins, b. June 1908 (Married Wallace Higgins of Mapleton ME)(Lillian deceased, Wallace alive and remarried in Presque Isle ME)
3. John Prescott Dow, b. 2/13/1910 (Married Irene Porter of Mapleton)(Prescott, now remarried, still lives in Mapleton)
4. Wallace Alden Dow, b. Feb.27, 1911 (married Annie Muriel Trafton of Mapleton--b.9/25/1910, d. Oct.30,1970 in Arlington VA); Wallace died Nov.3, 1975 in Arlington VA.
5. Eleanor Dow Rodriguez, b. 9/27/1912 (last know address--Woolwich ME)(husband is Rev. Oscar Rodriguez)
6. Forest G. Dow, b. 3/1/1914 (Married Margaret Trafton of Mapleton, later Phyllis (Craig)Brown of Mapleton following death of Margaret)(both Forest and Phyllis died in the '90s in Presque Isle ME)
7. Thomas Weston Dow, b. 1/21/1916 (married Idahlia ______; last know address-- Picayune Miss.)
8. Delbert W. Dow, b. 8/1/1917 (Married Zonweiss Douglass); both live in Keizer, Oregon
9. Earl Dow, b. 12/23/1918, died 6/21/1983
(married Mildred Schreger)(last address: Bristol CT)
10. Myrtle Dow (no dob or date of death;lived in Milburn NJ in later yrs. )
11. Irma Dow Knox (Married Ghernot Knox)(both alive, in Haverhill MA)
12. Claudine Dow (recently deceased, lived in Caribou ME)
I am quite confident about the authenticity of the names and dates above. The aunt who kept the records was very meticulous.
I have some information about the earlier Dows in my grandfather's line back to Thomas of Newbury, if that is of interest.
That line is as follows: Thomas (a)p.545; Stephen (b) p. 587; Samuel (c) p. 589, Peter (d) p. 612; Peter (e) p. 615-6; Peter (f) p. 616; Thomas K. (g) p. 626; John B. (h) p. 626; and Thomas E. (i)p. 626.
Footnote: On p. 626, "Manley" should be Marley Dow, b. 1886, married Ella May Ridgewell. His children were: Leland, Evelyn, Muriel, Wendell, Edwin, Doris, Althea, Arnold (b. 1923), Keith, and Elwood.
Sorry I don't have more particulars on the children. Don't know if they were born in the order listed. Source: Daniel Turner, formerly of Mapleton, later Warwick RI. (Daniel's interest was intense and his work very well researched.)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|