The info I have is on a James Dougherty born in Ireland in 1771 and came to America with his brothers William, John ans sister, Nancy. He married Elizabeth Hamilton. They settled on Copper Creek about three miles from Nickelsville, VA. He was a hatter by trade. Their children were:
1. Nancy b. 1798 m. John Harris.
2. Margaret b. 1899 m. William Allen.
3. John b. 1803 m. Patricia Wampler.
4. Sara b. 1805 m. Charles Kilgore.
5. Elizabeth b. 1807 m. Israel McGlothin.
6. Nathan b. 1810 m. Susannah McConnell.
7. Susannah b. 1812 m. William Harris.
8. James b. 1816 never married.
9. William b. 1817 m. Sarah Jarvis. This line is connected
to A. P. Carter & Sarah Lawson, his wife.
10. Lucy b. 1819 m. Dr. A. B. McConnell.
11. Jane b. 1832 died young.
12. Martha b. 1832 m. George McConnell.
The McConnells, Doughertys & Lawsons are connected to each other throughout several generations, however, I do not have any reference to your connection. My info came from the late Fred Lawson.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|