Most of Timmons line descends from William and Priscilla Timmons who came to colonies as indentured servants and gained their freedom and lived in an area that was originally Somerset and Worcester counties in MD and later Sussex county, DE.
The first mention I can find of Ezekiel is one Ezekiel b. 1740 in Sussex, DE, adressed as Ezekiel the Elder or 'Zekial, and is the son of John and Sarah Timmons. He married Esther Unk. and had four boys at least- William, Joshua, John and Ezekiel.
1.Ezekiel the Elder's son,Joshua had a son Ezekiel b. bet. 1792 and 1812 Sussex, DE d. 1860 in Perry, Putman, OH Ezekiel, son of Joshua, married Pricilla Corkwell and had nine children one named Ezekiel b. 1850 who died at age 6 month & 6 days from the croup.
2.Ezekiel the Elder's son Ezekiel, known as Ezekiel the Younger, was born between 1755 and 1774 and died in 1847 in Sussex, DE. He was married to Nicey Morris Timmons and they had about nine children-of which there was a son named Robert, a son named John E. and one of which was named Ezekiel.
3. There is a John Timmons listed as John Timmons Jr. b. ca 1720 in DE who moved family to Ross Co., Ohio who has a son Ezekiel Timmons b. 01 Aug 1804 married Elizabeth Egleston died 10 Jul 1855in Lafayette, Tippecanoe Co., IN. He had 11 children none of which bore name of Ezekiel.
4. Have an Ezekiel Damon Timmons b. Jun 1800 Sussex, DE to John William Sr. and Christiana Adams Timmons. He married Elizabeth Perry d. 06 Aug 1864 Perry Twp., Colfax, Clinton, Indiana. Had 7 children one of which was named Ezekiel Damon Jr.b 1835
5. Ezekiel the Younger's son John E. had a son named Ezekiel S. b. 1834 Sussex, DE and died in 1912 Eureka Springs, Carroll, Arkansas.
6. Ezekiel the Younger's son, Ezekiel was born 1813 stayed in Sussex, DE m. Lavinia King and had three daughters.
7. During this time there was an Ezekiel b. 1814 in Maine who moved to Worcester co., MD who married Caroline.
8. During this time frame, there is an Ezekiel Timmons b. 1818 DE who married Catherine Unk. who by 1850 was living in Snow Hill, Worcester, MD. He had four children of which one was named Ezekiel b. ca 1863 MD.
9. In this time frame there is an Ezekiel Timmons b. 04 Oct 1832 OH married Margaret J. Appenzellar on 26 Feb 1857 Carroll County, Indiana. They had 10 children none of which were named Ezekiel.
10. Ezekiel the Elder,Joshua,Ezekiel had son Ezekiel who was born and died in 1850.
11. Ezekiel Timmons s/o??? married Denny Powell in Wicomico, MD on 07 Jul 1877
12. Ezekiel Damon Timmons Sr. son John W. Sr. Timmons b. 27 Oct 1827 Deerfield, Ross, Ohio married Harriet Wiant/Wyant. Had 10 children one named Ezekiel Timmons b. Dec 1842 Jamestown, Boone Co., IN who married Pair Hall in Boon Co., Indiana. This Ezekiel had 10 children none of which was named Ezekiel.
13. Have Ezekiel C. Timmons son of Robert and Mildred Morris Timmons on 27 Nov 1856 IN d. 27 Aug 1903. In 1870 Ezekiel's family lived in Perry, Clinton, Indiana
14. Have a Jerry Timmons b.1825 OH married to Matilda who had nine children of which one was named Ezekiel b. ca 1875. They lived in Wabash, Fountain, Indiana
15. John W. Sr. Timmons, Ezekiel TImmons, son Oscar Clyde had a son named Ezekiel b. ca 1912 in FL
All in all I have found 15 Ezekiel's who are probably all from the same family and some of these may be the same individual listed with a second spouse, etc. If anyone has knowledge of these Ezekiel's it would be helpful... I am systematically going through them and marking their statistics but I don't have a lot of time to spend on this currently.
Any help would be appreciated...anyone looking for information on an Ezekiel, please feel to contact me.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|