I have been researching the Darby family for the past year for a genetic study that is being conducted at Johns Hopkins University Hospital is Baltimore, MD. I am a descendant of Edward Darby (b.1805). Edward was James Darby's uncle. James Darby's father was Rufus King Darby (b.1816) who was elected to the Kansas State Legislature (1863-1868). Of James's 10 children, only the first two were born in Kansas. This is what I have on the 10 children:
1) Mary Louise Darby b.1871 married in 1887 Andrew Copeland in Victor, MT . They had 9 Copeland children: 8 girls,1 boy
2) Sumner Abraham Darby b.1873
3) Orval James Darby b. 1874 Bloomington, NB, d. 1900 Baker City, OR
4) Rezin Darby b.1877 Oneida, ID, d. 1906 Hamilton, OR
5) Leola Mary Darby b.1880, Red Rock, MT, married 1896 Walter Findley in Darby,MT they had 6 Findley children, 4-girls & 2-boys.
6) Sarah Jane Darby, b.1883 Victor,MT who married Peter Soards in 1910 in Baker, OR
7) Eva Darby b. Victor, MT and married Chris H. Morgan in 1909 in White Bluffs, WA
8) Rosa Darby b.1888, d.1890 in Darby MT
9) Frederick Edward Darby b. 1890 in Darby MT
10) Laurence Leonard Darby b. 1893 in Darby MT
I have not attempted to contact the decendants of James'children yet but am eager to. I hope this gives you some information that you didn't have.
James Darby's lineage stemmed from the Darby's that moved to Maryland from England in 1654. They farmed Ann Arundel Co, Montgomery Co., and Frederick Co., Maryland. The line of Darby's leading to James is :
1) Samuel b.in England, d. MD
2) Joseph Darby b.1665 m.Rebekah Jones d.1706 MD
3) Josias Darby b.1695 m.Henrietta d.1767 MD
4) George Darby b.1726 m.Nancy Ann Hutchcraft d.1788 MD
5) Rezin Darby b.1777 m.Mary Warfield d.1828 MD
6) Rufus King Darby b.1816-MD m.Belinda White-OH d.KS
7) James W. Darby 1839-OH m.Sarah Rosanna White-NB d.OR
My family is hoping to move to Alaska in the summer 2009, we are planning to stop by Darby, MT on our trip. I would love to learn more about the Darby's that moved out west. I would also like to contact them because of this genetic study that is currently underway.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|