Posted by: Cathy PORTER-Maynard (In Minnesota)...
We had alwyas believed that my great grandfather,
Oliver D. Logue, had the middle name of *Debney.*
However, I recently discovered that "Dabney"
was the surname of Oliver D. Logue's grandmother; and, that the DABNEY name had been passed down through multiple generations.
Therefore, we realized that my great grandfathers' full name was probably
Oliver "Dabney" LOGUE -- as opposed to
Oliver *Debney* Logue.
Does anyone else share some or a portion of
this ancestral line?
Cornelius DABNEY(•Overstreet •Hall •Logue •Porter)
MY DABNEY ANCESTRY:
1) Cornelius DABNEY b: ABT 1730 (m. Mary ___)
2) John OVERSTREET Sr., b. abt. 1760 in Bedford County, VA (m. Nancy DABNEY
b: abt. 1756 in VA)
3) Elisha HALL, abt. 1783 in VA (m. Nancy OVERSTREET, b. abt. 1783 VA)
4) Tabitha A. HALL b: March 13, 1838 in Menard Co., Illinois; d: August 8, 1907 in Edna Township, Cass Co., Iowa; (m. John Richard LOGUE, b. July 19, 1828, in Warren County, Tennessee; d. March 1, 1899 in Edna Township, Cass County, Iowa).
5) Oliver Debeny [i.e., "Dabney"?] LOGUE b: Nov. 29, 1862 in Mason Co., Illinois; died October 30, 1934 in Edna Township, Cass Co., Iowa (m. Myrtle Winifred PAUP b: June 6, 1863 in Cedar Co., Iowa; died Oct. 29, 1956, Cass County, Iowa).
6) Goldie LOGUE b: July 26,1895 in Edna Township, Cass County., Iowa;
Feb. 9, 1975 in Elkhorn, Nebraska; (m. Joseph Edwin PORTER b: DEC 11, 1891 in Edna Twp, Cass Co., Iowa; d. June 1984 in Nebraska).
7) Living PORTER (m. Living STEVENS)
8) MY GENERATION: Cathy PORTER (married Living Maynard)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|