I am tracing my husband's family and his mother's mother was a Cumberland. The furthest back I have been able to go is this gentleman:
Worthy John Cumberland, Sr. (son of John Cumberland) was born March 16, 1866 in 3 Dare Place, Aberdare, Wales, and died October 11, 1941 in Nanticoke, Luzerne, PA. He married Susan Ann Truscott on September 25, 1888, daughter of Francis Truscott and Mary Ann Simmons.
More About Worthy John Cumberland, Sr.:
Burial: Unknown, Nanticoke Cemetery.
Immigration: 1888, from England to New York City.
More About Worthy John Cumberland, Sr. and Susan Ann Truscott:
Marriage: September 25, 1888
Children of Worthy John Cumberland, Sr. and Susan Ann Truscott are:
1. John Cumberland, b. March 02, 1889, Hanover Street, d. date unknown, Church Street.
2. William Cumberland, b. December 13, 1890, Hanover Street, d. date unknown, Church Street.
3. Mary Ann Cumberland, b. 1892, Church Street, d. Abt. 1975.
4. Worthy John Cumberland, Jr., b. August 02, 1894, Ridge Street, d. January 1963, Hialeah, Dade, FL.
5. Jesse Cumberland, b. March 09, 1896, Ridge Street, d. November 1896.
6. Francis Cumberland, b. 1897, Ridge Street, d. October 12, 1962.
7. Archie Cumberland, b. July 22, 1899, d. 1978.
8. Samuel Cumberland, b. July 26, 1901, d. 1983.
9. Lily Cumberland, b. September 13, 1903, d. 1986.
10. Albert Cumberland, b. August 01, 1905, d. December 27, 1968.
11. Ada May Cumberland, b. March 29, 1907, d. May 24, 1987.
The only 2 children I know anything about are #4 and #11.
4. Children of Worthy John Cumberland, Jr. and Maize Irene Ritter are:
Worthy John "Flash" Cumberland III, b. March 08, 1917, Bethlehem, Northampton, PA, d. January 1979, Nanticoke, Luzerne, PA
11. Ada May Cumberland is my husband's granmother and we know her line from this point on.
If you have any information on this family I would love to hear from you. Thanks!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|