On the Obion Co TN Culbertsons...
There are several bios published in Pulaski Co IL on James Culbertson.
Facts taken from there:
1. James' father Jonathan moved from Obion Co TN in 1840 to Massac Co IL, where James gets married in 1849.
Note: Jonathan is there on the 1850 Census, and on the Johnson Co IL Census in 1860, and his widow in on the 1865 Census of Saline Co IL.
2. Jonathan had a brother Joseph that remained behind in Obion Co TN. [Thus he is the one on the 1850 census?]
Note: On the 1840 Census for Obion Co TN, there is
Jonathan 30-40 [b ca 1805 per 1850 census] Joseph age 30-40 [age 57 on Obion Co TN 1850 census, thus born ca 1803] and Josiah age 50-60 [thus born 1780-1790].
3. Jonathan was born in NC, and married Nancy RICHARDS. [Where in NC nor where married aroung 1823-4 is not given.]
4. James returns to Obion Co TN for about 10 years of time, and then moves to Pulaski Co IL.
Note: James is on the Obion Co TN Census of 1860 with his family, oldest son William b 1849 is not with family, dec.
5. James was born in Maury Co TN in 1825.
Note: On the 1830 Census for Maury Co TN, there is a "John" who matches in ages and number of children the family of "Jonathan." This is from a typed version, and correctness of name/abv has not been verified, so I don't know if this is Jonathan or not.
Can anyone place this family with others in TN and/or NC???
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|