I found a bit of info. in my book for your Nancy Grizzle.If you like I can send it to you. You may already have it. It is records from: Census of 1830 for Tuscaloosa CO.AL; Census of 1840 for same CO.; Census for 1850 same CO;1860 for Calhoun CO, MS and Census for 1880 of Calhoun CO..
Also there is a note which says that the Family Bible of John and Nancy Grizzle Countiss is in the possession of Mrs. John Simon Shecton (Ruth Eloise Countiss) of Jackson, MS (the granddaughter of James N Countiss, the 12th child of John and Nancy.
Their children are listed as:
1. Ira Jackson Countiss b/13 May 1825
2. Peter L. Countiss b/9 Nov 1826
3. John Burtt Countiss b/18 Sept 1828
4. Talitha Countiss b/26 Sept 1830
5. Hosea Washington Countiss b/31 May 1832
6. Martha Elizabeth Countiss b/4 June 1834
7. Rachael E. Countiss b/22 Oct 1835
8. Nancy Jane Countiss b/18 Nov 1837
9. Narcissa Countiss b/22 May 1839
10. Reuben C. Countiss b/20 June 1841
11. Daniel Countiss b/27 July 1842
12. James Neunam Countiss b/6 Mar 1846
I found nothing on GRAMMER in the book.
I hope this was of some help.
Margaret-Ann in the stormy Gulf Coast of FL
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|