Not sure if I have answered you or not. The information I have comes from parish records microfilmed in the mountain areas of Italy called Piedmont. The Genealogical Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons)later had a "Piedmont Project" where these records were looked at intensively and individuals put into family groups. The sheets for these I copied years ago. They are now available on microfilm I understand. Many of the details, including ancestors can also be found on familysearch.org.
Jean Combe was born 16 September 1779 in San Germano, Torino, Italy to Joseph Combe and Marie Fourquin. Jean died 27 February 1845 in San Germano at age 68.
The first wife of Jean Combe was Ann Rostan. She was born 6 January 1780 and was of Prarostino, Torino, Italy. Her parents were Daniel Rostan and Madeleine Gardiol. Ann died 15 December 1820 in San Germano, the same day her sixth child was born.
Jean Combe and Ann Rostan were parents of six children.
1. Marie Combe born and died 1802
2. Madeleine Combe born 1803 died 1863. Married Michel Bertalot.
3. Joseph Combe born 1807, died 1868. Married Marthe Avondet in 1831. One of his sons (also named Joseph Combe)left Italy for Utah in 1882. His wife (Mary Ann Grill) and children joined him in 1883. From a Beus relative I borrowed a booklet about Joseph Combe and copied a few pages of interest to me. It included details of his life, his children, and his grandchildren.
4. Marianne Combe born 1813, died 1910. Married Michel Beux in 1836. This couple are my great-great grandparents. The younger Joseph Combe in 1882 lived with them when he first came to Utah. A book Whence and Whither tells about Michael and Marianne Beus. (Their name depended on which language it was written in, Beux, Beus, or even Bosio!)
5. Jean Daniel Combe born 1818.
6. Jacques Combe forn and died in 1820.
After the death of his first wife, Jean Combe married Ann Genre. She was born about 1790 and was of Inverso Porte, Torino, Italy. Her father was Samuel Genre.
Jean Combe and Ann Genre had six children.
a. Marie Combe 1821-1882, married Jacques Avondet.
b. Pierre Combe 1823-1906, married Suzanne Gilles.
c. Michel Combe 1825-1902, married Madeleine Gilles.
d. Jeanne Combe (twin) 1827-1893, married Jean Pons and Etiene Bouchard.
e. Suzanne Combe (twin) 1827-1917, married Jean Jacques Long.
f. Anne Combe 1829-1896, married Jean Paul Avondet.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|