My Doster family of Jasper Co, GA, has always claimed a relationship to Jesse Mercer. I'm wondering if the following is possible:
1. James Chivers md. 1741 Rebecca Doster, d/o Thomas Doster, in Burlington Co, NJ
2. James Chivers and Thomas Doster found in records of Frederick Co, VA, during 1740's.
3. 1753-54, Rebecca Chivers appears in Frederick Co records.
4. Joel Chivers appears in Anson Co, NC Court Minutes in 1771-1777. The Dosters, William and James (both born in 1730's) moved to Mecklenburg Co, NC in 1760's (Anson and Mecklenburg adjoined in the 1770's)
5. William Doster moved to what became Wilkes Co, GA in the 1770's, as did the family of Sabrina Chivers who married Jesse Mercer.
Can they be related? Discussion appreciated ... help me eliminate or encourage further research!! Thanks.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|