The mention of the "Chadwick millions" in Chancery within my family is still mentioned today - whether my family will ever see this who knows...
Joseph born 1848? married Ann Susan born 19 Feb 1848 (nee Nuttall) both families from Manchester, England - Immigrated on 11 May 1884 to Rhode Island RI had 13 children Listed below:
1. Jane Annette Born: 18 Sept 1868 married a Thomas Dawson from Derbyshire UK my Great Grand Mother & Great Grand Father.
2. Mary Alice Born: 24th May 1871 Married a Lawson.
3. Isabelle Born: 24th July 1873 married a Goslin.
4. Anne Elizabeth Born: 10th June 1875 married a Biltcliffe.
5. Edith Ellenor Born: 3rd September 1877 married a Standring.
6. Janet Maude Born: 21st October 1879 married a Wilkinson.
7. William Theodore Born: 8 Oct 1881
8. Lillian Mary Born: 27th November 1885 married a Duckworth.
9. Josephine Ethel Born; Sept 1887 married a Barton.
10 John Christion Born 27th December 1890.
* the other children died at a very young age.
Joseph Chadwick a self employed Stone / Marble Mason at 69 William St, Hulme, Manchester, UK then at 146 Cornbrook St, Old Trafford, Manchester, UK - Believe his father was also known as Joseph and they lived at 2 Strand Street, Stretford, Manchester, UK. We know Joseph had brothers because it was mentioned in a letter dated Nov 18th 1936 by Great, Great Aunt Isabella.
Ann Susan Nuttall (Great Great Grandmother) born 19 Feb 1848 in Riga, Latvia, Russia, her older sister Jane Annetta (1st) Born 6 Oct 1840 and married a John Taylor in 1862 they had 5/6 children - also born in Riga, Latvia too. Parents Alice (nee Bradshaw) and William Nuttall got married out in Riga, Latvia, Russia on 31 Dec 1839. Both sisters, husbands and families moved to Rhode Island in May 1884.
Whether the Chadwick Millions has anything to do with Sir Andrew Chadwick we do know, we do know that our Great Great Grand Fathers brother spent his life and made himself poor trying to get it for the family. it was said by a great aunt in a letter I have dated Nov 1836 "that once it gets into Chancery one can never get it out, unless you have millions yourself".
I wish to find out more about the Chadwick family left in the UK and those that moved to the USA. If you have any details of this family or are related please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|