Posted By:Patty Mackey
Subject:Re: WWI Serving Overseas
Post Date:March 02, 2012 at 05:00:15
Message URL:
Forum:World War I Forum
Forum URL:

I am not related.
You might try contacting the Veteran's Home where your Grandfather died; they should have his discharge record/service number/and where he served. So many of those old records were destroyed in a fire in 1973, but since he resided at a Vet's Home, they should have info or can direct/refer you somewhere else. Also, if he' buried in a National Cemetery, they would have his records also; or if he has National (Veteran's) monument, they would also have info on him.
Good luck.