|Posted By:||Sandra Johnson|
|Subject:||looking for desc. of Ben B L Whitehurst, Tishomingo Co Ms.-see list|
|Post Date:||June 05, 2002 at 10:24:35|
|Forum:||Whitehurst Family Genealogy Forum|
I am looking for descendants of Ben B L Whitehurst, born in Pitt Co N.C. died possibly Prentiss Co Ms., after l870. He was the son of Arthur Whitehurst.
His wife was Martha Bryant.
l. Jane Whitehurst, married a Hardwick, first husband, he may have died. They were in Tishomingo Co Mississippi, but she may have left that area.
2. Delaney L. Whhitehurst, married twice, descendants still in Tishomingo Co Ms, some may be in Memphis, Tn. and points west. I am trying to find out if Delaney was in the Civil War.
3. Felix G.,possibly went to Texas. Has a few descendants in Indiana. He was in the Union Army during the Civil War.
4. Benjamin D., died in the Civil War, but may have had children.
5. Alfred F.,married Anne Nethery in McNairy County,Tennessee. They are buried there. One of his sons went to Oklahoma.
6. Simon Ashbury, died in the Civil War, but was married and may have had children.
7. Oliver S., went to Arkansas, Texas, Indian Territory of Oklahoma, back to Texas. He died in Paris, Lamar County,Texas and is likely buried in Evergreen Cmtry.no marked grave.Have met some of his descendants, but looking for others.
8. Fredrick W. In l880 was in Eastern,Franklin County,Ill. I lose track of him after that. He had children. May have went west.
9. Howel J. Whitehurst. Possibly he went to Arkansas and then on to Texas. He and wife had childen.
l0. Enoch Haywood, Possibly the only son who stayed in the Tishomingo/Alcorn,Mississippi area. He and wife had children. He is buried at Hopewell Cmtr,Alcorn County, Mississippi.
ll. Susan.,I don't know what happened to her, but I believe she married and had children.
Before the next Whitehurst Reunion for the descendants of Arthur Whitehurst is held at Pickwick Landing Stage Park in Pickwick,Tn. I need to correspond with some of the Whitehurst who are from Arthur's line.
Hope to hear from some of you.