Posted By:Margaret Iverson
Subject:Re: How to find my ancestor's service?
Post Date:August 23, 2009 at 16:40:15
Message URL:
Forum:War of 1812 Forum
Forum URL:

If you are near to one of the locations for National Archives and Records Administraion (NARA) they have an index to service records for veterans of the War of 1812. The index cards have name and service organization and possible some other information. Be sure to check for alternate spellings as names were not always recorded correctly.